• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAPS class of 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJV

Good luck to those reporting to the USNA and USCGA from the NAPS class of '04 (as well those from HS or from a college/university). We had a lot of highs and lows but most importantly we achieved our goal from day one, graduating NAPS and off to an academy. Good luck to those reporting to the USMA and USAFA, and finally good luck to those about to report to USMMA. Enjoy the ten day vacation we have because july 9 is around the corner. Good luck to those willing to join the military and most importantly thanks to our armed forces for their heroism and sacrifice.

Dave
NAPS class 2004
USMMA class 2008

BRM21o

Congrats on completing NAPS. You all only had 10 days vacation? I read somewhere that it was 5 weeks, or is that just for prior enlisted?

DJV

What I meant was USMMA has 10 more days of vacation because our INDOC starts July 9.

cdb21

Dave and I are buddies who are both going to USMMA, a piece of advice we would both give you is to not give your name out on a public forum-that is retarded. PM either of us if you want to talk.

DJV

captainjust1, congrats on your academy appointment as well. Enjoy the rest of the summer because life in a 10 days will suck. Adios!!

DJV

zoso406

Im still waiting to hear whether or not I get accepted for NAPS 05. I find it weird...when is the latest I can possibly hear by? Can they tell me the week before that I have to report? I've been in contact with my BGO and my file has been sitting on the admissions desk just waiting to be signed for the past week. I was supposed to have an answer last week, and they still haven't decided yet.
Any clues?
Thanks

DJV

Zoso406, that is really strange. I got my appointment to NAPS by late April. Usually they would let you know earlier so you can arrange travel plans or not. My advice would be to call the admissions office or your BGO everyday until they give you confirmation. Taking this long for an appointment is not a good sign but keep calling. Let me know how things pan out.

DJV

zoso406

true...to me it's good though because I wasn't rejected yet, and they still are considering me...I mean, my file is just waiting on some guys desk to be signed and approved ( I was already pulled off the waitlist for the past week and a half now and they have a spot for me, just need approval - the signature). I'll let you know, I should find out within the next one or two days considering I-Day is the 15th. However, I was also supposed to know a couple days ago as well on their decision...

flynhi

I wouldn't be counting on it zoso. It's really getting late to let you know anything but I guess there are some notified at the very last minute. Is your candidate page still showing up? Mine is and I didn't get in. Maybe they wait until the first of August to get rid of it. I did the pre-candidate questionaire online because I'm applying again for next year but I haven't received a packet yet.

zoso406

Yeah, my page is still showing up and my file wasn't removed yet my BGO said. All of his other candidates that were rejected have been long gone. I got an email from some other forum I go to and he said he knows someone who just got there acceptance packets 2 days ago.
I did the Precandidate questionnare and got my candidate packet as well for next year. All my forms are in except 3. I want to get this stuff done with early this year instead of having to worry about it.

zoso406

Well, I was just accepted to NAPS! I can't wait for it to start and start playing LAX im so amped. ANyone know what I can and cannot bring?

usunkmybship

YAY!!!! Better hurry up with your enlistment now. A lot of recruiters are not experienced with NAPS students (or ever heard of the place) so some might take a while. And start mailing your congressmen and senators for nomination applications, which I didn't do yet :/. Bring more socks and underwear than they tell you. There is a list at the parents page. You can bring civilian clothes for the weekend but the less is better.

zoso406

Nomination applications? I thought you won't need one if you come into USNA from NAPS because say NAPS students can't get a nomination then they just waisted a year? What if you already have one? What else do I need to bring? I didn't get the acceptance packet yet but they are fedexing it for Monday. Once I get that I will do the recruiter thinkg and swearing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.