• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nancy Harbisn Tailoring in Oceana F'd my patches.

exo

Stopped by Nancy Harbison Tailoring to ensure my patches were sewn on my leather jacket correctly as I heard this was a good place to go in Oceana. I specifically asked how they would be securing the patches, no tape etc etc. I was told they would trace an outline and go from there. Got it back the other day and my name tag came out great... The flag however.... Well it appear they decided to stick 5-8 pins through it in order to hold it in position while it was sewn on. Is this standard practice or am I rit in being as furious as I am at them that my new patch that I delivered to them in a plastic sheath now has a bunch of holes in it?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this standard practice or am I rit in being as furious as I am at them that my new patch that I delivered to them in a plastic sheath now has a bunch of holes in it?

With all the patches I've had sewn on over the years, as soon as 'standard' size pins were pulled out, they left no holes. Either they used ten-penny nails, or the patches may be substandard material.
BzB

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hugh & Quinn 1991.jpg
He had leather patches, so they don't deal as well as fabric with being poked.
Ah so, to us...patches were all of the cloth type, the only leather item was the left breast nametag.
Methuselah BzB