• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phiman

Little background, I got picked up 1395, and am waiting API, but my eyes are on the border, 20/40. My question is, is the Navy still seperating those who don't pass through NAMI or could I redesignate if I have a bad eye day and don't pass. I really love the nav and would be completely happy as a FO. Or are they just sending everyone home packing. Second question, kind of silly I know but, is there anything I can do to help a little, billberry, luetin, carrots, etc. or are they all just ole wives tales. Thanks yall.

stevew

someone else on this site metioned billberry, I never tried it. Just make sure that your eyes aren't dry, it improves your vision significantly. For that you can jus use plain old eye drops and my doc said that vitamin D helps too.

Hudson

As far as the redesignation thing goes. It is not likely. I just talked with an ensign who was getting out because he get's air sick and they will not redesignate him to any thing els. We have been told this over and over since I got here in Oct. Don't give up hope though. Get lots of rest before your eye exam. Also don't give up hope. Nothing here is written in stone ... ever.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Yeah, if your eyes are off they will try to redesignate you to NFO if they can. I know of a guy who did it. It delayed his API start date but that was it. Good Luck.

cricechex

what the heck is billberry? I know that doing eye exercises will help a lot too, because your eyes are muscles. I always had purfect vision through out high school and then took a job a wood mill. I had to wear goggles and I swear that they screwed with my vision because for the first couple of days I wore them, I was kinda dizzy. Anyway, when I went to get a physical just a few months later, the doctor told me I needed glassed! I was pissed. Anyways I stopped wearing the goggles and did eyes exercises for a couple months. I took the Army flight phys. and had perfect vision on their standards! >WHAT A relief.

Anyway, what I did....

Focus on something in front of you, then look to the extreme corners ie.. lower left, until you feel a strain, then focus strait ahead again. Repeat with all angles. do this while you're sitting on the toilet everyday, it will help. Another, is to get some fabric that looks like the screen on a screen door. Hold it in front of your face, about 1 1/2 feet. focus on the fabric, then look through it to something far away. It also works well. hopefully this helps.

Cricechex
AME2STA2USNA

beau

I did something like that for NAMRL (Naval Aviation Medical Research Lab) on Friday. Very wierd NASA Experiment. Basically it was an experiment where you were placed in a rigid chair in a Centrifuge box (no light what-so-ever) and they posistioned a board with five little lights about a foot and a half away from your face. The Lights were as follows: one center, one Left, Right, Top and bottom (diamond). The test was for about 45 minutes or so with 30 minutes of that being spinning at 2 G's. Anyway they would turn the center light on then one of the perimitor lights on for a half second to which you where to focus twenty seconds at the spot that the light when out.......and repeat several times over the course of the 45minutes. Very boring and tiring but man, when I was done, my peripheral Vison was amazing.........all that from just holding he eyes to the edge on four sides......weird...but it works. Sorry for the long somewhat confusing post...IM me if you want more info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.