• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI Whammy

Ace_Austin

pilot
Well I knew I wasn't getting off Scot free on it. I just got the word NAMI no likey my eyesight. Aparently my cyno-somthing-or-another is +1.25 where as they would only accept +1. The do not recomend wavier. It would have been nice had I known this 4 months ago to get some PRK going on if possible. Time crunch is I'm 7 weeks out from getting my bars. Not enough time even on the fast track to get cleared. Anyone seen anything like this before can give me any recomendations or ideas? Thanks

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well I knew I wasn't getting off Scot free on it. I just got the word NAMI no likey my eyesight. Aparently my cyno-somthing-or-another is +1.25 where as they would only accept +1. The do not recomend wavier. It would have been nice had I known this 4 months ago to get some PRK going on if possible. Time crunch is I'm 7 weeks out from getting my bars. Not enough time even on the fast track to get cleared. Anyone seen anything like this before can give me any recomendations or ideas? Thanks

Sounds like astigmatism and I don't think PRK fixes that. Bottom line, do what you can, but not everyone can be PQ for pilot.

Brett

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Yes. The "cylinder" portion of your prescription describes astigmatism. It can be fixed with PRK, but isn't a guaranteed thing.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes. The "cylinder" portion of your prescription describes astigmatism. It can be fixed with PRK, but isn't a guaranteed thing.

What is it that PRK can't fix - farsightedness? Or am I living in the 20th century? :D

Brett

Ace_Austin

pilot
I'm setup to have my eyes rechecked in two days. ( On the day of the test, of the 3 tests I had my vision improved from legally blind to almost perfect with each one.) I'm only slightly outa whack on that bad day, so hopefully this improves.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
What is it that PRK can't fix - farsightedness? Or am I living in the 20th century? :D

Brett

PRK can fix pretty much anything, although you are somewhat correct: It has less success with farsightedness. But there is a caveat. If the regular refractive error is bad enough, after PRK you could end up with astigmatism that you didn't have before. Nothing is perfect, although the result of PRK is usually a lot better than what the patient had before.

Ace_Austin

pilot
25/20 Right 30/20 Left... that was on the 3 hours of sleep-snow stormdriving- sick as hell day. Not a horrible amount of correction to be done. Anyone wanna place bets on round two?

joboy_2.0

Contributor
25/20 Right 30/20 Left... that was on the 3 hours of sleep-snow stormdriving- sick as hell day. Not a horrible amount of correction to be done. Anyone wanna place bets on round two?

Not to be a notation Nazi, but I think you mean 20/25 and 20/30, correct? Because 25/20 and 30/20 are technically better than 20/20.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Are your palms hairy? That might gives us a clue as to why your eyesight has issues. I'm pretty sure thats how I went from 20/20 in 93 to about 20/70 by 2001. Two 6 month deployments, a lot of rack time :eek:

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Congrats... that must be a nice feeling. What was the change? A nicer doc? Or did your eyes get 'better'?