• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI DQ

MiracleWhip

Good evening everyone.

Does anyone know of what happens following a NAMI DQ? I am a winged fleet aviator in the 22… due to some medical issues I am no longer able to fly. My XO said he is unsure of what’s next and is finding out. I’ve got about 3 years left. I’m doing some phone calls myself, but figured if anyone on here knows of what follows. Redez? MAG purgatory?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
My NAMI experience is far too old (and wrong service) to be of any real use. Still, I wish you the best. I imagine that you will find yourself hanging out at MAG, but there are other options. I know one Marine that had to leave the cockpit and he went to FAC (and loved it) but there was a war on then. Depending on your career goals I would look to ROTC instructor as my first pick and then maybe redez if you are looking to make it a career.

Odominable

PILOT HMSD TRACK FAIL
pilot
Sorry to hear that OP. Not firsthand experience, but I knew / knew of plenty of dudes at MAG-39 in similar circumstances. I think it really boils down to what you make of it - a buddy of mine took the time to study his ass of for the LSAT and is perfectly happy in his new career as best as I can tell. He *also* put way more effort than I think even the biggest boners at MAG expected into his job as the fragger / range guy, which was very much appreciated by everyone in ops shops up and down the line. Take that as you will - if I had to put money on it I'd probably expect some MAG gig unless you'd like to stay in, which becomes a different question.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Good evening everyone.

Does anyone know of what happens following a NAMI DQ? I am a winged fleet aviator in the 22… due to some medical issues I am no longer able to fly. My XO said he is unsure of what’s next and is finding out. I’ve got about 3 years left. I’m doing some phone calls myself, but figured if anyone on here knows of what follows. Redez? MAG purgatory?

It kind of depends on what is wrong, and what you and your command want to do with your career.

Had a Prowler buddy get diabetes, he waited 18 months at the MAG before his MEDSEP. Know a couple other guys who waited out their commitment in the MAG and got out (one was the Adj for like.. ever- I would not recommend that). Another redesed to finance and is doing that.

And Taxi1 is right, the VMU is full of pilots who lost their medical but still wanted to stay in a flying squadron of sorts.