• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Situation

MikeTyson

Regsiterde Uesr
I am currently applying for BDCP to SNA and looking at EOD. My recruiter said "you cant do EOD for BDCP because they don't have a student program." Is that true?

Also, my vision is 20/40 in my right eye, and 20/30 in my left. I am worried that if my right eye gets any worse, I would lose my pilot slot. 2 years ago my right eye was 20/30. What happens if I make it through OCS and then they say I cant fly due to vision?

Also, my ass to knee length is either just at the minimum or right below it. If I make it past MEPS and through OCS and they say im half an inch short on that, will they just restrict what things I can fly on? I was to fly the SH-60, and from some page I found, it has the hardest ass-to-knee minimum at 22 inches while almost everything else is at 21 inches. I sat in a few different army helos at an airshow and I fit fine in all of them. I am fine on all of the other measurements, and am fine for Air Force anthros (they only have sitting and standing measurements), which is weird cause they have the 60 too...

Thanks

ryanber

Hmmm, I havn't heard about the ass-to-knee standard. Does it apply to all Navy aircraft? It makes sense I guess, though.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Believe me, butt-to-knee length is an important issue.

Use the search, look for "anthros", you'll find tons on it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Standard disclaimer: the anecdotal evidence of pilots past is kind of irrelevant right now. NOMI is sticking w/ the measurements you get at API and are allowing no functional checks. Officially, the only thing that can possibly be waived is the sitting height (and I've been out of STUCON for a month, so I have no idea if that's been signed yet). Recent selectees have positive anecdotes, like insanebiker, but just understand they're the exception, not the rule right now.