• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Naval Career Lasted 2 months before it ended

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
JSF, if you're wondering why everyone keeps telling you to make copies of your records that document all this, is because it doesn't technically belong to you. It's Navy property, and it stays with them when you get out. Make sure everything is documented, copy it in at least triplicate, and store all of them in a safe place. A few people have and recommend that others put it on file with the local Registrar of Deeds, along with a copy of your DD214. SAFEGUARD THOSE DOCUMENTS!! Having them has already saved my ass a couple times in the four-ish months I've been out.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
A few people have and recommend that others put it on file with the local Registrar of Deeds, along with a copy of your DD214. SAFEGUARD THOSE DOCUMENTS!!

Yes, absolutely safeguard your military (including medical) records, but I do not recommend filing them with a Registry of Deeds, as they will then be available for public review. Not good with a DD-214 that has your SSN, not to mention sensitive medical documents. Good luck to you.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Here in NC your mileage would vary a bit on that, but I definitely see what you're getting at. Can't hurt to do a little research prior to any filing action if you're considering the option, though.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
gaijin6423 offers good gouge....get your hiney to a reliable VSO and let them tell you what is available. Don't rely on what you think it is.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
JSFD, very sorry to hear about this situation. Sounds like you came out of it ok but not as well as you hoped. You seem to have a great attitude, a great family, and the right priorities. With those you can come up with a new dream and you have what you need to accomplish it. I wish you well with whatever it is you decide to pursue next.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Wow man I'm so sorry to hear that.

The silver lining is that the Navy helped you fix a potentially serious medical problem that would've probably bankrupted you otherwise. I don't know if things happen for a reason, but maybe passing out at OCS saved you.

Don't shortchange yourself. Go get those benefits if you can. You took the hard step of trying to join, going to OCS, and suffered like we all did through that.

Stay strong.

m26

Contributor
Sorry to hear it, JSF. Sounds like you've got great support and a great attitude. I'm sure you'll bounce back and make the best of this.

Good luck and God bless.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Wow. Great words, guys. Thank you. I wasn't aware that my records are Navy property. I will be sure to get copies of those and my DD214. You guys are great. All the more reason I wish I was able to be in this family. *Tear* Sigh... life goes on. Just look at my avatar. Who'd believe that was almost two years ago! Boy is growin! I've got a great family for support and all of you. Thank you.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Dude, you've got the will power to do whatever you want. Good luck and stay healthy!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sail On!

Just look at my avatar. Who'd believe that was almost two years ago! Boy is growin! I've got a great family for support and all of you.

Yes, enjoy your kid(s) now, the time goes by so fast! See pics below, Son #1 (center) in '67 and today. Once I bottle-fed and changed his diapers (in between deployments), today I have to make a reservation to have breakfast with him!

I am sure you will excel at whatever you decide to tackle in life. Hang in there & good luck.:icon_mi_6
BzB

Attachments

• 787.jpg
    787.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
  • CDR Mike Magee.jpg
    CDR Mike Magee.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 89

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
JSF, I am proud to have just trained with you.

Good luck and don't forget that what you have been through has also made you stronger.

navy09

None
JSF- You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. This may be a blessing in disguise - good luck to you and your family!

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Having faced the possibility of a medical discharge (which ultimately wasn't), and been through the VA benefits brief, I highly recommend (and echo everyone else) that you get intimately familiar with VA disability benefits. For example, as a disabled veteran, you have hiring priority for Federal jobs. Get hot!

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Thanks, guys. Yeah I am back at OCS. They are going to medically discharge me. Have to see about the disability and benefits I may be entitled to. I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. Its rough being back up here sitting in student pool watching everyone else go through the training I had wanted to do.