• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Quite correct, there is no cure. About the best you can do is slow down the bleeding a bit by stocking up on guns that are a blast to shoot but don't cost an arm and a leg to feed. Those 22 pistols are a great start (especially the MK II). If you don't already, eventually you will own at least one 10/22. You may as well get started. Here's my new one.

View attachment 11600 View attachment 11601 View attachment 11602

+1 on the 10/22. I recently picked up a new 10/22 Takedown and it's a blast to shoot, when I can get it away from my girlfriend.

Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Was waiting for a sale at the local gun place and it finally popped so I could finish this up without cannibalizing my Colt.

With all the .22 talk, figured I'd post a picture. TacSol upper (picked up used last year) with a Rock Island lower.

Attachments

• TacSol.JPG
    TacSol.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 29

Mew

I bought my wife a P22 a few years ago, mainly to use as a gateway drug to get her hooked on the serious shit. Four years, maybe 100 rounds (max), and one, "This thing's like a cheap toy," later, it hasn't seen the light of day in a while. She'd rather shoot the Mk II. Better yet, she really likes the GSG-5.

For what my opinion is worth, I have to say I much prefer the P 226 sigs as my toy of choice. The P22s just felt to light somehow it just didn't have the right weight/balance ect. The P 226 is a tiny bit large for my hands but has never been a problem and was very easy to get used to.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
New to me, a Walther PPS in 9mm. It was used and got it for $400 out the door. Great shape, breach face and internals looked barely used, looked like the original user shot it once and put it away. Anyway, shot almost 500 rounds in two days, 380 rounds of various 115 & 124gr FMJ and 100 rounds of a mixture of HST 147gr JHP and Speer Gold Dot 147gr. The HST 147gr is my primary carry for this gun and it's now my edc.

photo13-3_zpsedd787d1.jpg

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I bought an old Marlin bolt action .22 back in flight school (1985/86). Got an upgrade yesterday, a S&W M&P .22. Now if I can just find someone with magazines in stock for less than $50 each. Getting the host trgger mod for my Glock 23 in 2 weeks when they get more in stock.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Sorry, I meant S&W MP 15-22 (AR style rifle). But I will report back on the ghost mod for the Glock.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Thanks man. I took it shooting yesterday and was not disappointed. Worth every penny.

OscarMyers

None
Also pretty cheap to practice with, given the supply of affordable .45 ammo. Good choice...

Could always pony up and get some TulAmmo:D. I consistently hit three inches left of aim-point with this wonderful Russian ammunition in my Glock. Great stuff if you want to make a lot of noise and dirty up your firearm.