• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I got what I think is a good deal on a factory certified pre-owned Sig P226 in 9mm. From what I've been able to find out these are pistols that were traded in by law enforcement agencies for new pistols. Sig basically goes through these used pistols and replaces any worn parts with new factory parts. Sig doesn't do anything about minor blemishes like holster and ring wear, but they will refinish the slide if it shows excessive wear.

The P226 that I bought the day looks to me to be absolutely pristine. There are no wear marks on it of any kind that I've been able to find. Does anyone here have any knowledge regarding Sig serial numbers and dates of manufacture? I'd like to find out the age of this pistol without having to pay Sig $50 for an official date of manufacture certificate. I tried searching for a database on Sig serial numbers, but the serial number on this pistol doesn't conform to what I've been able to find on the one Sig forum I found.

On the left had side of the slide the pistol is stamped "Sig Sauer P226 Stainless". Just below that it's stamped "SIGARMS Inc Exeter-NH-USA. The serial number is stamped on the right hand side of the frame just above the trigger. In this case its stamped U 160 588. I've disassembled the pistol and have not found any other proof marks on it.

Thanks,

Tex

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
The interwebs dates your serial number's importation to 1987-ish, judging by the bracketing here: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7320040262

But if it was imported, wouldn't it have a the additional two-letter date code stamped under the muzzle with the importer proof? And why no 'Made in Germany'? Unless there's some kind of legal/contractual issue with re-issuing a refurbished pistol with importer proofs on it? Maybe the barrel was replaced, or the original pistol was assembled in the States with German parts?

My red box P220 has no barrel proofs, but it does have 'Made in Germany' stamped on it, and going by the above link, it was imported/produced September 2001. Kind of auspicious, actually...

Regardless, have fun with your purchase. The certified preowned Sigs are huge deals, and mine's performed well in a couple competitions. (I don't shoot single stack that often, or with it anymore.)

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Been looking for a new concealed carry weapon and have finally made the purchase.

IMG_2499.JPG

S&W M&P40C:
-3.5" barrel
-Night Sights
-Came with carry case, lock and 3 magazines.

Got it under the S&W LE discount for $470 shipped.
http://www.bhgunrack.com/viewproduct.asp?cat_ID=2&id=257&inv_ID=1367

Great shooter! Nice clean trigger pull and not too snappy on the recoil side.

Target is my first 10 rounds from about 8-10 yards.

IMG_2501.JPG

If anybody is looking for a sub-compact pistol I would definitely recommend the M&P series.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Got bored last night and broke out the collection for a photo op.

300597_804428087562_6102423_39549110_986676137_n.jpg

I need more.

ryan1234

Just built this guy: YHM lower, Spike 14.5" Pinned Dynacomp with 12" BAR. Spikes BCG, Mega Arms Billet trigger, ACE SOCOM stock, ST-H2 buffer, Magpul flips and grips, Aimpoint, AD cantilever mount, Badger latch. BFG Vickers 2 point...

AR15a.jpg

Here it is with the happy family:

ARSIGHKSIG.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I used my Vickers 2-point through two extended deployments to OEF. I'm a fan, but I think that I like the Magpul MMS loop v. the Vickers' tab adjustment a bit more. I do like the 2-point as a GP overall sling though.

How's it shoot?

ryan1234

I used my Vickers 2-point through two extended deployments to OEF. I'm a fan, but I think that I like the Magpul MMS loop v. the Vickers' tab adjustment a bit more. I do like the 2-point as a GP overall sling though.

How's it shoot?

Shoots great... just did a tactical carbine course in VA and I was very happy with the gun's performance (the person shooting it was questionable :)). The prone zero at 50m produces some very, very tight groups (was using PMC 55gr 5.56... normally use 62gr M855 for that 1:7 twist... but we were shooting steel targets from 7m/25m/50m). Couldn't be happier with the Aimpoint... especially shooting left handed. The dynacomp, H2 buffer, and ACE stock made any recoil nonexistent. I originally used a PSA LPK... but wasn't too impressed with the hammer/trigger and associated springs. I put in a Mega Arms adjustable single stage trigger and did a little work to the hammer. It was a big difference to me, I'm pretty happy overall with the set up.

In my midget mind and experience the two point really works for me. I can definitely see the versatility of the Magpul MMS though. Really looking forward to taking some more carbine classes. Do you guys have any suggestions/advice on that?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
If you are looking for suggestions for carbine classes and you haven't been to one yet, my vote is for the Magpul Dynamic Carbine I and Dynamic Carbine II depending on your time, location, money and experience.
http://magpuldynamics.com/training.html

Great training and if you have seen or shot with LE, SOF, etc you will notice lots of similarities.

ryan1234

If you are looking for suggestions for carbine classes and you haven't been to one yet, my vote is for the Magpul Dynamic Carbine I and Dynamic Carbine II depending on your time, location, money and experience.
http://magpuldynamics.com/training.html

Great training and if you have seen or shot with LE, SOF, etc you will notice lots of similarities.

Would love to get some training from Costa and Company...

Did a Carbine I course in VA and I learned a lot, the instructors were mostly of Marine type. Would absolutely recommend anyone taking a carbine I course from a reputable place. Now ready to find a good Carbine II course. I think that Magpul has one coming up in LA in Dec.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
You could also try Grey Group, Tiger Swan, or some of the many others out there. Larry Vickers instructs, as do Ken Hackathorn and many others. The folks over at www.m4carbine.net have multiple threads dealing with announcements, registration, and AARs for courses, and it's a great resource. They have a pretty low tolerance for bullshit over there, too, so post wisely.

ryan1234

You could also try Grey Group, Tiger Swan, or some of the many others out there. Larry Vickers instructs, as do Ken Hackathorn and many others. The folks over at www.m4carbine.net have multiple threads dealing with announcements, registration, and AARs for courses, and it's a great resource. They have a pretty low tolerance for bullshit over there, too, so post wisely.

One of the mods over there actually was an instructor at the course I took... a Marine... so I took everything he said with a grain of salt:)

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Also I just found this out, but Travis Haley left Magpul to form his own company. He also runs his own courses now.
http://www.haleystrategic.com/training.php

From what I have read he left on good terms and still helps out at Magpul, so it looks like either one would be a great option if its in an area you can attend.