• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
schoolbubba,

If your wife enjoyed the .22 and you want her to get into it some more in a low stress environment, you might look at doing a Steel Challenge down at Ancient City Shooting Range (in St. Augustine). Just because of time, I only did one Steel Challenge (I've done other comps down there), but the SC is very family oriented and it gives you a chance to plug steel for $20 (non-members). It's also a great range, one I really miss having regular access to.

For SC there, you can shoot "normal caliber" handgun (both semi or revolver), .22 (handgun or carbine), and can use either irons or RDS. You'll need a few mags though, as each stage is usually 5 attempts.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've heard good things about ancient city; I'll have to go check it out sooner rather than later. Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, it's a great playground for adults. Don't act like a clown and follow the couple of range bay rules (there's minimum distances to shoot for various bays) and he'll pretty much let you do what you want. And they usually have some sort of competition every weekend.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Recoil on a 22 is obviously minimal, and the weight and balance helped me punch a quarter size hole in the target at 10 yards all day. Fun fun fun. The wifey liked it a lot. She did ask me if it was a pussy gun, and I said no, dear. It's a training gun.

My wife's comments after shooting her Ruger Single Six a couple of times "This is NOT the gun that won the west" :)

yak52driver

Contributor
Mrs. Yak surprised me with a Vortex Strike Fire Red Dot scope this evening for my AR-15. This will definitely get me by while I'm saving for a Trijicon ACOG scope. I'm having trouble getting the ring mount tighted down on the rail, I've been playing with it for a while and it keeps loosening up on me. Anyone have a suggestion on something basic I'm missing, it seems like I should position and tighten the nut down. Thanks in advance.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Hopefully the threads aren't stripped?? If the mount is bad looks like you can get a replacement for about 20 buck at optics planet

When you do figure it out be sure you push the mount to the rear as you tighten it down. That way the recoil can't eventually push the mount rearward and possibly affect your zero.

yak52driver

Contributor
Hopefully the threads aren't stripped?? If the mount is bad looks like you can get a replacement for about 20 buck at optics planet

When you do figure it out be sure you push the mount to the rear as you tighten it down. That way the recoil can't eventually push the mount rearward and possibly affect your zero.

No, it was me I guess. I turned the mount 180 degrees and it tightened down okay. I will push it to the rear and tighten it up. Thanks!

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Had 9 day's worth of AT from last month burning a hole in my pocket, so did some aresenal rounding out via the good people at Bud's Gun Shop.

The C-93 on the top was from the "Always wanted an H&K but couldn't afford to drop $3K+" department, the Sig SP2022 (9mm) was from "Wanted an M-11/P228 but didn't want to drop $700+" department. Got the C-93 for $499, the Sig for $399. Haven't taken either to the range yet, but will report back on that later.

The C-93 felt like it had a handful of sand thrown into the action, and required some diligent cleaning - I can see how it would be a nightmare to keep clean & functioning in a tactical environment. Has a heavy but otherwise clean trigger break, and the fit/finish was better than I expected; I consider it a steal, at least so far! The Sig was what you'd expect out of a Sig - nice in all respects. The only thing I don't really like is the takedown - unlike the M-11, which has an easily manipulated lever, there is an awkward little pushbutton on the SP2022 that requires some hand gymnastics. Otherwise, I'm very pleased.photo.JPG

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I like living within 10 minutes (during rush hour) from Bud's, or the Gun Warehouse as it's called locally these days. Their staff knows their shit, doesn't turn their noses up at an attempt to haggle, and (most of them) can school you in how to shoot it after you buy it. Prices aren't half bad, either.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
ALRIGHT! It's almost shooting time!
Getting ready to order up a few nagants for 90 a pop, 6 LRB Forged lower receivers for 70 each, a Polish Makarov for 180 and a Nagant revolver for 100! I'm hoping to do the heavy barrel build and work up some reloads for it, not sure what kind of data I will actually be able to get.
Ordering a batch of ammo as well, 55gr IMI/1200 rds, for 318 and some nagant ammo 440rds for 90. About time to pick up some greek stuff for the M1 as well.
Anyone wants to know the couple websites i'm using let me know, I'll PM them to you.

Also, I need to try to work on a Saiga before they get banned from import (or at least go any higher!). Seeing a few go for 640-650 after shipping. Anyone see any better? Been striking out at the gun shows.

Anyone get any of these C and R nagants and have any luck? Bores are pretty nice on these and I'd like to hear what anyone has to say. Saw one guy set his up with a scope and he nails a 55gallon drum at 600-700 yards pretty easy.

If anyone is wanting to build something up, they have the heavy barrels and just recievers out there as well (80 barrel and 30 receiver). Think I may stash a couple extra.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Also, I need to try to work on a Saiga before they get banned from import (or at least go any higher!). Seeing a few go for 640-650 after shipping. Anyone see any better? Been striking out at the gun shows.

I'm in the process of selling my Tromix S06 Saiga 12. (It's been spoken for but I haven't seen the money order yet) It's barely been fired but that was part of the problem. It's lots of fun to shoot I just didn't shoot it enough to justify keeping it.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
The C-93 on the top was from the "Always wanted an H&K but couldn't afford to drop $3K+" department, the Sig SP2022 (9mm) was from "Wanted an M-11/P228 but didn't want to drop $700+" department. Got the C-93 for $499, the Sig for $399. Haven't taken either to the range yet, but will report back on that later.

The C-93 felt like it had a handful of sand thrown into the action, and required some diligent cleaning - I can see how it would be a nightmare to keep clean & functioning in a tactical environment. Has a heavy but otherwise clean trigger break, and the fit/finish was better than I expected; I consider it a steal, at least so far! View attachment 10147

How is that C-93? It sounds intriguing as I'd love an HK as well but I've heard terrible things about Century. I've read a couple other reviews, which have all been positive. "Say no bad about my purchase" applies, but this is an interesting trend. It'd be great if they hold up. Let us know!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

FWIW I just noticed that I said to push the mount to the rear when you tighten........that's incorrect. You always push what ever you are mounting FORWARD to the stops and then tighten

yak52driver

Contributor
FWIW I just noticed that I said to push the mount to the rear when you tighten........that's incorrect. You always push what ever you are mounting FORWARD to the stops and then tighten

Thanks, I will make that change to the scope. I have to say it has worked well so far, but I'm still learning how to use it.

Just picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm compact 9mm for concealed carry, ran about a hundred rounds through it yesterday, liking it so far.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
How is that C-93? It sounds intriguing as I'd love an HK as well but I've heard terrible things about Century. I've read a couple other reviews, which have all been positive. "Say no bad about my purchase" applies, but this is an interesting trend. It'd be great if they hold up. Let us know!

Still haven't been to the range, but the C-93 seems as agood as the H&K 93's I've seen. Century gets a bad rap, which seems like they've earned over the years, but they also seem to have make some steps to improve quality control. This item at least so far seems like a good buy - fit and finish are very good, with no loose parts. Field stripped, everything seems to be of high quality. The real proof will of course be to see how it behaves; failure to feed seems to have been a primary complaint of some. I can see with a 40 round magazine that if you jam it to the gills you might have some problems; I plan on sequencing thru some different ammo types and magazine load levels to see if there is any difference. Work / home - Reserve crap keep distracting me from putting this thing thru it's paces (to say nothing of what it's done to my golf game...), but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.