• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My 60th b-day is in a few days…please gift me more FLY NAVY bumper stickers…

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Hot pursuit

View attachment 40411

From the movie Freebie and the Bean, 1974. You younger punks should watch it if you haven't seen it. Ready room-worthy. Hilarious.
I always wanted to say “[I’m in] hot pursuit!” on the radio when when I was on patrol…but I never did…because I never got involved in any hot pursuits…and I didn’t get involved in any regular pursuits either.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I always wanted to say “[I’m in] hot pursuit!” on the radio when when I was on patrol…but I never did…because I never get involved in any hot pursuits…and I didn’t get involved in any regular pursuits either.
Open a small donut/coffee shop and name it “Hot Pursuit” then you can tell all your friends and family when you’re in hot pursuit.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My current takehome as a shift commander is an upfitted 2015 civilian explorer. Before this car I was issued a 2015 Taurus Interceptor, excuse me, Ford Police Interceptor Sedan (RIP Car 22, I'll never forgive what that scatterbrained woman did to you.). Having the amenities of the XLT trim level in my car is nice. I'm getting promoted off the streets into an admin role and I'm getting an unmarked 2020 Fusion Energi Titanium PHEV. I cannot wait to not have a marked unit sitting in my driveway anymore and AC'd seats are life changing.

Since the discontinuing of sedans by Ford they really ratcheted down on the numbers of FPIUs too. Ordering and receiving ones and twos has been nigh on impossible recently, with Ford filling large contracts first. According to our upfitter he's seeing a lot more small departments ordering civilian Explorers and getting them upfitted, which causes its own set of maintenance headaches but at least you get cars on the street quicker. Explains why you see more cruisers with roof rack rails too, it's apparently a huge pain in the ass to remove them. Our two newest cars are 2023 Explorers and they still have their rails. Our 2021s do not and the bean counters decided the labor costs to remove them weren't worth it.

A year or two ago I got a free upgrade from Avis on a work trip to STL, and drove off with a brand new Explorer with like 26 miles on the odo. Oh man, I had no idea how nice they made those things. It had everything, lane assist, AC seats blowing cold air up my b hole, just every option.

Random8145

A year or two ago I got a free upgrade from Avis on a work trip to STL, and drove off with a brand new Explorer with like 26 miles on the odo. Oh man, I had no idea how nice they made those things. It had everything, lane assist, AC seats blowing cold air up my b hole, just every option.
You must have an older vehicle because a lot of those things are standard on a lot of vehicles today. I have read Ford has some of the best cooled seats in the auto industry. I have a Toyota 4Runner with the Softex seating (an artificial leather-like material but more robust than real leather). It has heated seats, but they aren't cooled or ventilated. A benefit is since there is no porous-ness to them, they are great if you say spill something on them, but Holy Hell do they get HOT in the summer time. I purchased a ventilated seat cover which, while I am sure not as nice as actual ventilated or cooled seats, has been wonderful for the hot days. I plug it in and it pulls air conditioned air from the lower vents in and blows it on my back and butt. Can be 90+ degrees out and no sweat on my back or rear.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'll never forget the AOM shortly after arriving at Oceana where the state trooper was bragging about ending an O-5's career, in front of a couple of hundred military officers. VA cops are a special breed, but after seeing how horrible people drive in Hampton Roads, it's not hard to understand why.
Meanwhile I remember in Corpus Christi the officer taught us how to a) spot their single unmarked car, and b) how to properly include the military ID in the transaction if/when you get pulled over. Total bro.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Makes me think of the late '80's, the first time I was at NAS Dallas. South Merrifield Rd. and Mountain Creek Pkwy were little-used 2-lane blacktop roads with 35 MPH speed limits that ran along the east side of Mountain Creek Lake, that were a longer commute home, but bypassed traffic issues. I got stopped one day doing about 60. The Dallas police officer who stopped me let it slip out that the Dallas PD were not to issue speeding tickets to uniformed military personnel transiting to or from the base, but to only give warnings. I was pulled over 2 more times after that, and only given a warning each time. 😎

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Meanwhile I remember in Corpus Christi the officer taught us how to a) spot their single unmarked car, and b) how to properly include the military ID in the transaction if/when you get pulled over. Total bro.
When I was going through Corpus, the officer briefed us on their lack of open container laws (even while driving alone 🥲) Pretty sure the laws have changed since then..

WRT @zipmartin ' post, same/same in NC. Got pulled over twice in my flightsuit heading towards Wilmington, and just got a warning.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Makes me think of the late '80's, the first time I was at NAS Dallas. South Merrifield Rd. and Mountain Creek Pkwy were little-used 2-lane blacktop roads with 35 MPH speed limits that ran along the east side of Mountain Creek Lake, that were a longer commute home, but bypassed traffic issues. I got stopped one day doing about 60. The Dallas police officer who stopped me let it slip out that the Dallas PD were not to issue speeding tickets to uniformed military personnel transiting to or from the base, but to only give warnings. I was pulled over 2 more times after that, and only given a warning each time. 😎

JRB Dallas is a freaking maze. Good luck finding the TSW building on google. It will send you to either the Lockheed side, or a meth encampment.