• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Must sees" between Quantico and NASP

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Making the drive in a month. Wondering what are the must-sees along the way? 3 days travel, 4 days proceed...looking to take the 3 days to get there.

A non-Marine friend will be riding with me and he thinks we have to spend one night in Myrtle Beach, SC...is it worth the detour?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Making the drive in a month. Wondering what are the must-sees along the way? 3 days travel, 4 days proceed...looking to take the 3 days to get there.

A non-Marine friend will be riding with me and he thinks we have to spend one night in Myrtle Beach, SC...is it worth the detour?
It is definitely worth it. If you can't get laid in Myrtle Beach you must be dead...

jtmedli

pilot
Recommend Charleston over Myrtle Beach, but I'm biased.

Savannah is worth the trip, too.

Most definitely concur...C of C is supposed to have some crazy amount of hot chicks and Charleston is a very cool city. Myrtle Beach is ok but not my type of place.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Concur with what most others have said, skip Myrtle and go to Charleston and Savannah (unless you really want to go to Mediaval Times and get some airbrushed t-shirts). Also en route is ATL. You can spend a few quality days in Hotlanta (avoid Buckhead, stick to Virginia Highlands, Midtown, etc).

Or you could make a stop at some college campuses to partake in the scenery...UVA, VT, JMU, UNC, Duke, NC State, Clemson, UGA, UF, FSU are all within striking distance.

Or, if you're into something nerdier, you could do the Civil War thing...Manassas, Fredricksburg, Antietam, Petersburg, Shenandoah Valley, etc.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The I-95-Jax-I-10 route is only about 30 mins longer and a much better route (more to see and do, plus missing the traffic) than taking 85 through ATL anyway.

Strong +1 for Savannah. Mrs Fester and I RON'ed there on the way from Norfolk to NASP. Good times. Worth spending a day there if you can.

KBayDog

Or, if you're into something nerdier, you could do the Civil War thing...Manassas, Fredricksburg, Antietam, Petersburg, Shenandoah Valley, etc.

Or, for the ultimate in nerdiness, you could go to Juliette, GA and eat Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. :D