• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Multiple Designators

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Hey fellas,

My OR told me that if you are selected for your first designator, the selection process ends for your application.

Is this true?

Say someone put down INTEL/SWO/PAO.

If selected for INTEL, would you not be slected for SWO or PAO? This is a hypothetical situation.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Correct. If you get your first choice, that's it. You can't be a SEAL/Naval Aviator/Neurosurgeon...or in the case of your hypothetical an Intel officer/SWO/PAO.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Oh, that I do not know for sure. That being said, I doubt your OR would steer you wrong.

But if Intel is your #1 choice and you were selected for Intel...why would it matter?

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I suppose the freedom of choice...Ah well. Guess I get to call him on Monday. Any other sage advice/experience?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
From what ive seen/heard if you get selected for all three (which happens) you can pick from all three. Your first choice should be what you want most anyways.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
No no, I got accepted for Pilot. A couple weeks later my recruiter called me and said..."I know it doesn't really matter anymore, but I just thought I'd let you know that today you also got accepted to NFO." It just doesn't happen all at the same time since the boards for different designators take place at different times.

ajalali

pilot
I was selected for SNA and NFO, but you have to pick your first choice. From what my recruiter has told me, each board is completely independent from another!