• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ms Ccw

Chubby

Anyone know what the rules are for a conceiled weapon in a car in Mississippi? IE - where can I have my pistol and in what condition without breaking the CCW laws. I searched the internet but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can carry a loaded pistol on your passenger seat if you want. No restrictions on where you put it in the car, like with FL. If you put it on your person though, I believe you need a CCL.

saltpeter

Best to call the local court house directly and avoid asking questions like this one in the blind. Or you may be explaining to mister officer how airwarriors.com said it was legal.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
saltpeter said:
Best to call the local court house directly and avoid asking questions like this one in the blind. Or you may be explaining to mister officer how airwarriors.com said it was legal.

I lived in MS for 1.5 years.

However, if you want to call someone, do NOT call the police. Police never know sh!t about firearm laws... in my experience.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For your warm fuzzy:

It shall not be a violation for any person over 18 to carry a concealed firearm within his home, place of business, or real property associated with his home or place of business, or within his motor vehicle. It shall not be a violation for any person to carry a concealed firearm when engaged in a legitimate weapon-related sports activity or in going to or from such an activity, or who possesses a concealed carrying license issued by the Department of Public Safety.

http://www.nra-ila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=MS