• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving to Pensacola for spring semester...

efini_kid

Im goin to be moving from Houston to Pensacola for the spring semester to attend West Florida University. I wanna start looking for condos and apartments early so i can get into a good spot. Do any of you guys know any good websites for apartments searches and do you know anyone on the boards looking to get out of a lease around december or january?

thanks for the help y'all

Philip

panzerfinder15

had two friends that lived at Governor's gate, I concur that it is a very decent place to live. Very close to P-Cola Proper, though a long drive for military down to NAS (though N/A to you, obviously).

efini_kid

thanks for the website. do yall know any places such as high rise condos on the waterfront? im looking for a 1 bed 1 bath for about 1500/ month max. ive been googling it but everything im gettin are vacation rentals.

im really looking for a place with either wood floors or tile troughout. granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
thanks for the website. do yall know any places such as high rise condos on the waterfront? im looking for a 1 bed 1 bath for about 1500/ month max. ive been googling it but everything im gettin are vacation rentals.

im really looking for a place with either wood floors or tile troughout (sic). granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.

Damn, kid. Your standards are WAY higher than mine, and you're in freakin college! Congrats...

efini_kid

^ that would be me. im a manager for marriott so i have a good job while in college and if all goes according to plan i should be transfering to a hotel down there. obviously if i dont have to pay 1500 im not going to. my parents set u a prepaid college tuition plan for me so i dont ahve to worry about that and i dont have a car note so taht is a relief (i paid for my car).

im actually at work right now... haha

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
^ that would be me. im a manager for marriott so i have a good job while in college and if all goes according to plan i should be transfering to a hotel down there. obviously if i dont have to pay 1500 im not going to. my parents set u a prepaid college tuition plan for me so i dont ahve to worry about that and i dont have a car note so taht is a relief (i paid for my car).

im actually at work right now... haha

If you can afford 1500 bucks for a place to live, then I'll be stopping by the Marriott when I get back, and the drinks are on you. :tongue2_1

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Im goin to be moving from Houston to Pensacola for the spring semester to attend University of West Florida. I wanna start looking for condos and apartments early so i can get into a good spot. Do any of you guys know any good websites for apartments searches and do you know anyone on the boards looking to get out of a lease around december or january?

thanks for the help y'all

Philip

FIXED. If you want good stuff look further away from the school towards Blue Angel Pkwy. Governor's Gate is about the nicest that is close to school. In my opinion all the stuff near school is overpriced.

efini_kid

i really dont care about being close to the campus. i would prefer to either be by nasp or the beach. i stayed in gulf breeze for the air show and i really liked that area.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Well if you want to pay for higher prices and spend loads of money on gas do it to it. On top of that the commute is pretty sorry from all the previously listed places to UWF.

navrn

Hellooooo nurse!
I can't think of any rental apartments out at the beach, you're right - the majority of the property out there is vacation rental. But as someone that went to UWF, I really think your best bet is to find something closer. The traffic can get to be a pain going up toward the University area. I used to live by the Navy Hospital, and later by the back gate of NAS and that commute was a killer some days. If you're a full time student, you would be saving yourself some sleepy commutes, brake pads and gas. :)

If you really are adamant, Perdido has some very pretty property and I knew some LTs that lived out there. Expensive, and very much of a drive if you want to go to the mall or bar crawl, which would be some serious cab fare. If you live in Perdido count on a good 40min commute to the mall, a bit more for UWF. If you live in Gulf Breeze count on 40mins to 1hr. I had classmates that had family out there, but lived on campus/close to campus. Governor's Gate, Kings Mill, and the Fountains are the college crowd apts near UWF.

There are some high rise condos called Portofino, but those are pretty far again, and may be bought out by vacation rentals by now.

Hope this helps some!

emsdriver

I may be able to help

I own a seasonal rental home with no snow bird lease, yet. Check out my website and see if this meets your needs. If you fit the requirements and are interested, give me a call. Basically, you get a 1850 sq. ft. house, nicely furnished, on the water in Gulf Breeze for the stated rate + utilities. References are required as you could expect for the longer term lease. This house is very well appointed and exceptionally nice.

Feel free to contact me @ bobhardy3@gmail.com or 850-932-0774.

Regards,

Bob Hardy