• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving to Kingsville for T45s!

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
I'm moving to K'rock in a couple weeks and have to find an apt from afar. I'm planning on a 2bdr which automatically eliminates Hunter's Cove (they only have 3bdrs and 4). Can someone tell me the positives vs negatives of signing with Hawk's Landing? Also, as far as apts go, any other suggestions? I'm used to a more upscale type of living environment, however, I understand that Kingsville has little to nothing to offer in that category...

Thanks for your help!

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
thanks for the "helpful" comments masterbates. now if anyone has anything HELPFUL... that would be much appreciated...

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
ok MB, that being said... can you offer any suggestions? I'm moving very soon and am trying to sort out the details of my housing for my wife and myself... I've purused the web like a beast but to no avail! thanks!

MasterBates

Okay,

The PPV housing is a Scam, IMHO. You pay BAH minus what they determine to be "reasonable utilities". Not a good deal. However, not much in the way of rentals otherwise.

Being married, you MAY be able to live in Corpus. Got kids?

E2C2 guys who are married come to Corpus then go to Krock, can commute. Current deal is single guys have to move out there.

Have you called the housing office or STUCON to get the most current policy?

MasterBates

FWIW, it is ~54 miles from my condo on Padre Island, and I can make it to KROCK in about 45 minutes. Mostly 70MPH backroads.

Most places on the southside are ~40 miles to Krock. Which is not bad. Not sure where you are from, but in Texas mileage, that is not bad. About a 1/2 hour or so.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
I called STUCON and unfortunately, they are requiring me to live in Kingsville or some town that starts with "B" (can't remember the name). Corpus is out. They recommended Kingsville Pointe and Bordeaux Apts, but I checked them out online and they don't really appeal to us... I agree with you that the PPV thing is a ripoff, but it seems like the other options are nil. Is there anything good about Hawks? Is it clean? Safe? I hear Kingsville has pretty poor crime stats compared to lots of other places...

MasterBates

Hawks is safe and clean (I have visited, I dont' live there). Gated IIRC.

I personally think the policy is because nobody wants to live in PPV housing, and they know if they force studs to stay there, it will have a decent occupancy rate. Much like how single studs are sometimes forced to live in the BOQ at Whiting.

Bishop is the town you can't recall.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Hunter's Cove is the Gated one, but they only have 3 or 4 bedroom. Hawks isn't bad, but they will rip you off when you move out. Best bet is to rent a house, it'll cost about the same as living in Hawks.