• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving Family to Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusebeo

At what point in SNFO training is a student's family authorized to PCS to P-cola? Before API, Primary, sometime while waiting to class-up? Thanks.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
For SNA's it was after API. For SNFO's I'm not sure. Most of the guys I know that were SNFO's had their families with them from the start of API.

Dave

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
SNFO's can move when they get orders to P'cpla. For OCS guys it was at OCS graduation. When you report to NASC for API that is a PCS for SNFO's however not for SNA's :) This is because for SNFO's your API and PRI is guaranteed to be in P'cola but SNA's leave after API to PRI at one of several different locations. Hope this helps.
Shane

apendle

I would say it really depends on how big your family is. A fellow
ole' shipmate of mine has a wife and two kids back home while he is
finishing API. By listening to what he had to say it was alot easier
to focus on OCS & API without having his family around (makes studying
easier.) For myself I'll be a newlywed with no kids, so I'm considering moving the old lady out to P'cola around my OCS graduation. If you decide
to stay at the Officer Quarters they give you after OCS, your wife can shack up with for around 30 days (that's the Navy's policy, I've heard
most guys can find ways to work around that and keep their wife there longer) I think it depends on your particular situation, but most do their moving of the family after OCS, but some as early as week 10 of OCS. Hope that helps.

GTGRAY

Having separated from the Navy as a Disbursing Clerk who happened to be stationed in PSD Pensacola I would recommend that you do not move your dependents to Pensacola until you actually receive your orders when you finish with OCS. If you move them before you graduate from OCS and receive orders to training in Pensacola you have just lost any entitlement to travel for your dependents to Pensacola. The Navy bases the travel entitlement on their location as of receipt of your orders. The easiest way to determine if you are eligible to receive payment for moving your dependents to your follow on schooling is to look at the ACC code that is listed on your orders next to the duty station that you are reporting to. If you school has an ACC code of 341 you are not allowed to move your dependents and receive reimbursement...If it lists an ACC of 342 you can move them at the goverments expense. Hope this helps....

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
For newlywed Marine SNFO's, they'll just be leaving TBS. What do most Marine SNFO's do that are married, but have no kids? Do they get a house on base? off base? or what? Thanks.

Thien

Hey, I just graduated Primary at Pensacola, Sherman Field. I'm now at Randolph for panel nav. I know that Marines are a little different. You guys stay at Sherman until winging. My wife and I got a house on base. There should be many options as to housing on base. They have townhouses, new and old, duplexes (decent) and single family dwelling homes (the nicest). All you can do if you want to live on base is go to the housing office, talk to Bill and see what he can do for you. As for moving your wife down...do it! If you're going to leave her elsewhere why did you get married in the first place you know? Anyways if you have ANY questions at all let me know, I've been there done that. We also lived off base for a while so if you need some good places to live...you know the deal.

Matt Thien

Status
Not open for further replies.