• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving down to NAS Corpus Christi

Flugzeugburger

Thanks for the input. Statesman, I don't have ten posts so I can't respond to the message but I'm definitely interested.

I'm still browsing - but I just mostly want a garage to protect my car and have my own mini-work out facility. Thanks once again.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
+1 Corpus Christi has the WORST drivers I have ever seen!

You obviously haven't driven in South Korea. A completely lawless traffic society.

I remember Corpus being such a shit hole when I was there in 94-95 and I'm going back there again, next week. I've got a newer home more to the west or so as I'm commuting to Kingsville. Of course not where I'd want to be as a student.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, or any other country. And I exaggerated, New Yorkers were far worse.

The Koreans will make New Yorkers look like model drivers is my guess. I've never seen anything like this and after living amongst them for a year (no base here), I'm still shocked every day.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
but I just mostly want a garage to protect my car and have my own mini-work out facility.

Sweet! A sauna big enough to hold a car and some weights. You better make sure it has IV fluids too.

Our low last night was 81. My garage was well above that even this morning at 0600 when I left for work.

BigWingFlier

It's no island living but it is cheap and it's still close to Truax - I have two rooms kind of on their own side of the house for rent at $650 per including utilities. I just put a post up above this one if you're interested.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Checking out google earth I'm noticing a lot of empty lots on the Island... Has Google not updated their images lately or is there really not a whole lot of housing being built/rebuilt after hurricanes/storms destroy them?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Checking out google earth I'm noticing a lot of empty lots on the Island... Has Google not updated their images lately or is there really not a whole lot of housing being built/rebuilt after hurricanes/storms destroy them?

There were large sections of undeveloped land when I was there. Most of the communities are situated around the canals or on the beach, so the inland areas are somewhat sparsely populated. Also, N Padre bumps up on some protected wildlife reserves to the south, so no houses there.

81montedriver

pilot
In my neighborhood, there were simply lots of open lots, and most of the houses were built within the last ten years so I can only imagine what it looked like then. But to answer your question, I'm not sure if Google maps is completely up to date, but it's pretty accurate WRT the open lots.

esb3357

We live in Baypoint resort apartments. I would also call Housing. Last I heard they had a special with all utilities included for $949 with a garage. That personally is a great idea.