• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motivational Statement question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

Is there a website that can show examples of Motivational statements? Or does anyone here care sharing what they put into the statement?

thanx

cuculeis

im curious, in the motivational statement on a civilian application, what do they ask you guys to write about? as far as active duty members go, they ask us to write about why we want to be commissioned, personal and professional goals, and our strengths/personal characteristics we posses. that is the first part...the second part of our personal statement is for us to discuss what the navy core values mean to us and how they will apply to us as naval officers. is that the same as you all? sam

Gresh

Gents,
I was told that the app process board has a bean counter counting the words in the m-statement. I was told that it is an automatic rejection if it is over 200 words. Something to keep in mind: Ask yourself, "Am I writing this for me or for the board". If you are writing it for the board keep it. Erase all the extra crap. Later!
-Gresh

FlyGirl

Just say what you mean. I picked like 5 sentences and said what I had to say...don't embelish or explain why...just say (ie) I want to be a naval officer because my father was one....etc, etc. Best thing is to write a draft, then cross out every sentence you don't need! Then rephrase, have a friend read and rephrase. Believe me it works! :) (Heck, this is to the point and under 100 words!! :) Good luck...

grouch

Ron, my statement was 193 words. I briefly touched on the traditions of the navy, heros of mine, and how I wanted to be apart of it. Some may consider it cheesy but I wanted my enthusiasm to pour through. I wanted the board to know I wanted a shot. I wrote what was in my heart and not what I thought the board wanted to hear. Best of luck.

tali264

my statement was also fairly cheesy. I stated that I always thought that military personnel were very honorable people and that deciding to dedicate your life to serving one's country is a choice that I not only respected but one that I also wanted to make. I went on, but I really did write from the heart and the true reasons why I wanted to join the navy.... just tell the truth, they can tell when you are writing what you think they want to hear

Adrenaline Rush

gresh i hope you were kidding or that someone told you wrong, cause my recruiter said the 200 words or less was to just keep people from writing novels and that it wouldnt be a problem if mine as a little over 200

rhollin1

I would like some feed back from you guys on my motivational statement. If you would like to provide feedback let me have your email address and I will send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.