• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

motion control type boot?

Fetter

I have been enjoying my new pair running shoes, brooks beasts, because they are really wide in the sole and provide the support I need as a flat footer.

Does anyone have any advice as to which of the approved boots I should choose from? I doubt there is any consideration for overpronators in a mass produced USMC boot, but thought maybe someone has some insight.

Thanks.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
When you go to medical, the Physical Training staff will look at your feet and determine whether you should use the insoles or not. As far as boots go, I don't know of an exterior difference; the main thing you can do as far as customization is what you have inside.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I think most boots would fall in to the motion control category. I put "Super Feet" insoles in mine, the green ones are pretty rigid and shaped to help w/ overpronation.

The blue insoles they give you at OCS are also pretty good, I still use the ones I got. Throw out the gel-soles they give you at OCS though, they are worthless.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What Huey said. I've had 5 surgeries on my feet in my life from some weird way my 11Lb body was crushed up inside my mother so I've always had issues with orthotics and how combat boots affected my gate, and most recently with some pretty nasty fractures in my metatarsals. Boot makers like Bates and Danner don't appear to offer specific motion control designs. Superfeet are great off the shelf solutions. Don't buy into the marketing act on all the commercials that spongy jelly insoles are the fix for anything. It's quackery. Proper rigid orthotics are probably the fix in your case.

Fetter

I've been using the blue superfeet for a while; looks like I'll stick with what works. I had surgery on a foot as well and I don't think I could do that over 5x...it sucked majorly.