• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Most Advanced Private Airforce.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you even lower yourself to the point you read this piece from The Drive?
No, I didn't
Yet you don't seem to know that Air USA bought the RAAF aircraft?
I believe I said as much in my previous post, so I don't understand WTF you're talking about.

At any rate, unless weapons are involved, it's not an air force.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.I serious don't know how any individual would define an air force. Does it have to belong to a nation state? Can it simply be sponsored by a nation state? Does it have to employ weapons? Can they be non kinetic weapons? What if a national air force only consisted of log and rescue aircraft, no weapons? Ah...doesn't matter. Don't really care. Thought @Brett327 would have a serious answer I might learn from. In any case, the Air USA capabilities are more than decent for a, shall we say, contract air corps ;). I know, it ain't state of the art current gen. But you have NEVER had that in red air, even US military.

Mission Capabilities
• Fixed Wing Close Air Support
• Government approved Live Close Air Support –Air USA provides Ordnance
• Day and Night missions including night bombing on NVG’s
• NTISR Training with MX-15’s mounted on high performance jet aircraft
• Digitally Aided CAS - VMF Strike Link Alpha
• Air Intercept Training
• DACT,ACM, and BFM
• Threat Simulation with Electronic Warfare Pods- ALQ-167, and AST-6/9
• Target Towing

Certified to Carry
IMER, MER, SUU-20, CBLS 200, AIM-9, AST-6, LATR, ALQ-167, EATS, TACTS, TSS, ACMI, ALE-43, RM-30,AN/ASQ-40T, A100, and AST-9.

taxi1

pilot
Buy an old supertanker and put a runway on it...stuff's getting real at that point.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Anybody have any connections to the company? I'd happily pay for a flight in a MiG-29. Such a sexy airplane.

EDIT: Looks like I'll have to get my ass to Illinois somehow. https://air-usa.com/contact
You can get a ride in a two seat F-104 in Florida. It's a pretty short ride though, the type is known for being rather fuel-limited.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm pretty sure that would only be necessary if they had F-16s. But they'd be able to recover onboard because they have a tailhook. Plus, I head supertanker CVE duty is pretty cake; all choker whites and dining outs.
Look at you and your AW knowledges.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cheaper to fly to Russia and do it there. They've been selling flights for over two decades.
Have fun documenting that on your next security clearance interview. ?