• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More specifics on Camp Pendleton TAD

LtFluco

Has anyone ever done a TAD to Pendleton en-route to the east coast? Did you live in BOQ, or off base? I have a wife and son who will continue on to North Carolina, so it will be an unaccompanied TAD. Someone who's been there, could you fill us in on the financials, logistics, etc?

phrogpilot73

Has anyone ever done a TAD to Pendleton en-route to the east coast? Did you live in BOQ, or off base? I have a wife and son who will continue on to North Carolina, so it will be an unaccompanied TAD. Someone who's been there, could you fill us in on the financials, logistics, etc?
When I went through, I was TAD to the RAG the entire time. You had to get a letter of non-availability from the BOQ before you could move out into town, but once you did - let the money roll in! I had three friends that went in on a $9000/month restored Victorian house in Carlsbad ($99/day was Per Diem), and the entire amount was picked up by the USMC. On top of that, we got $43/day for food. All in all, I banked quite a bit. For the record - I was the one unlucky bastard that didn't get a letter of non-availability, and they WOULDN'T put me up in the Del Mar Q. Ended up staying with a friend that had a spare bedroom out in Oceanside.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
See my post in the other thread. The BOQ isn't giving out CNAs anymore. You can only get them for five days and then you're expected to move in if space opens up. The upside is that you don't need a CNA to live out in town. The downside is that you're getting screwed out of money by the BOQ. When you check in, CPAC should give you the gouge on what to do.

was the 99 Per-diem and food allowance in addition to the BAH that they still allocate you from P'Cola???

Yes. You will still receive P-Cola BAH while you are out here, in addition to per diem.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this a typo? That seems expensive, even for California standards...

If one were to do the mortgage math, that's about a 1.5 mil house. Certainly not out of the question for that area, especially considering the rent on a decent 2BR Apt is around 2K/month.

Brett

phrogpilot73

Did they change the JFTR or something? It seems to me that if they can not put you in the BOQ from start to finish, in it's entirety - then you rate a CNA. Someone who's smarter on the JFTR might want to look it up so as to shove up the Q manager's ass... It smells fishy.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Did they change the JFTR or something? It seems to me that if they can not put you in the BOQ from start to finish, in it's entirety - then you rate a CNA. Someone who's smarter on the JFTR might want to look it up so as to shove up the Q manager's ass... It smells fishy.

We've done everything we can from our level, i.e. grovelling with the BOQ manager, whose response to our concerns was "it's not our problem". Yeah, that's efficient. We brought it up to higher, so at this point, it's out of our hands. I've come to grips with the fact that I probably won't have any luck getting any more cash, since I'll be done here soon, but hopefully the guys that come after me won't get screwed like we did. It's a pain in the ass, but I've got bigger things to worry about. Besides, I'm still getting more money then I would if I were getting just San Diego BAH, so I can't complain too much.

phrogpilot73

We've done everything we can from our level, i.e. grovelling with the BOQ manager, whose response to our concerns was "it's not our problem". Yeah, that's efficient. We brought it up to higher, so at this point, it's out of our hands. I've come to grips with the fact that I probably won't have any luck getting any more cash, since I'll be done here soon, but hopefully the guys that come after me won't get screwed like we did. It's a pain in the ass, but I've got bigger things to worry about. Besides, I'm still getting more money then I would if I were getting just San Diego BAH, so I can't complain too much.
Well, it sounds like you did the right thing... It sucks it didn't get anywhere. When I checked into HMMT-164 and didn't get the coveted CNA, when I did my inbrief with the XO and told him that the Q's plan was to move me from the mainside Q to the Del Mar Q, then back to the mainside Q - he was livid. Before I even left his office, he was on the phone with the Group XO. Problem solved. I guess it all depends on how involved your command wants to get.