• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Convicted Felons Allowed to Enlist

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Came in handy though. Especially when you needed an unauthorized vehicle from the motor pool or the GSE shop. Me, never! Well there was this one time, um maybe two times. Okay, okay all the time… We all did it! We didn’t need a car thief though; the keys were always left in the ignitions!?!:)

Had the duty, went out to get our duty truck, and it was nowhere to be found. I just walked next door and borrowed VF-45’s pickup for my run. (Box lunches for a det.) Hey… what? I put it back where I found it!;)

I know you’re kidding. But Judge’s would often offer service time to jail time in our day for lesser offenders. Served with a couple of those guys. Good men that turned around. I’m not kidding about absconding with unauthorized vehicles though. :)Don’t make me tell you about the gas.:eek:

Steve

My dad served in the Army as a cryptographer during the Korean War. He was one of a handful of enlisted men in his company that hadn't been "paroled" out of Leavenworth.

There was such a shortage of men when the war broke out that the Army resorted to using men who were serving time in the stockade, a la "The Dirty Dozen".

My dad remembers that there was one guy that had thin vertical scars running across his face. Apparently he reneged on a gambling debt and several guys held him down while another guy took a straight razor to his face.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know you’re kidding. But Judge’s would often offer service time to jail time in our day for lesser offenders. Served with a couple of those guys. Good men that turned around. I’m not kidding about absconding with unauthorized vehicles though. :)Don’t make me tell you about the gas.:eek:

Steve

Do they still do this? Because there are some OLD looking E-2's walking around NASP, and that was the explanation I always came up with....

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Not so, I have a couple of friends who super-glued another friend's sh!t (slippers, stapler, etc.) to his wall and our RA ended up overreacting and calling the cops. The cop said they could each be charged with a felony but wouldn't be since the victim didn't really care all that much.

I do agree with you in the respect that I don't want to be serving alongside certain people that commit more serious crimes though.

Hhahaha, that's nothing. Our dorm used to shoot at eachother with paintball and airsoft guns...it got to the point where you couldn't come back from class without being armed. And one day somebody missed and accidentally shot out the fire sprinkler.

Nobody was charged with anything. *shrug*

brownshoe

Contributor
Do they still do this? Because there are some OLD looking E-2's walking around NASP, and that was the explanation I always came up with....

Don't know, I've been out for now for a few years:) But seriously, they did in my day. The draft was still in effect and times were different. You couldn’t get homesick then and get dropped from boot camp. It was a turning point in the lives of some young men that I'd served with.

You were a fvckup you got sent to "Mickey Mouse Company” where you got your mind right or else! General , or even dishonorable discharges if that didn’t work. Most of the time "Mickey Mouse Company" worked.;)

Steve

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hhahaha, that's nothing. Our dorm used to shoot at eachother with paintball and airsoft guns...it got to the point where you couldn't come back from class without being armed. And one day somebody missed and accidentally shot out the fire sprinkler.

Nobody was charged with anything. *shrug*

I think I remember that...and if not, then something similar happened in my time...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... a turning point in the lives of some young men that I'd served with ....

And back then once IN the squadron .... there was ALWAYS the option of "Chiefs' EMT" out behind the Ordnance Shack at the end of the day .... :)

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. I have never known that particular "technique" to fail w/ young, confused, troubled airmen ...
:D

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
I don't think the numbers justify it. Seriously, manslaughter and sex crimes?!

Eh. But, what's a sex crime? Depending on a jurisdiction, it could be a felony to possess or purchase a sex toy or other sexual enhancements. Sex crimes is a rather blanket statement for a slew of crimes ranging from rape to sodomy to compelling the act of prostitution.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Eh. But, what's a sex crime? Depending on a jurisdiction, it could be a felony to possess or purchase a sex toy or other sexual enhancements. Sex crimes is a rather blanket statement for a slew of crimes ranging from rape to sodomy to compelling the act of prostitution.

Where in this country is sodomy still illegal?

BourneID

pilot
On every Military Base, at least according to the UCMJ. Just remeber Penetration, however slight, constitutes the act.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler

A couple of years back, all same-sex sodomy laws were struck down by the Court. The last I heard, a year or two ago, Oklahoma still had laws pertaining to sexual conduct. I tried using google in order to find the "conduct" law but I couldn't find reference to it.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

Until SCOTUS ruled in 2003, it was illegal in many states, in different variations. (All sodomy, sodomy among unmarrieds, same-sex sodomy.) I believe it is still unclear how that decision affects sodomy laws that apply to both heterosexuals and homosexuals so it seems there is some ambiguity.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes, sodomy is broadly defined to include any sex act that does not have the potential for procreation. Depending on how, or if, UCMJ defines it, all kinds of fun could get you in trouble. :tongue2_1 ;) Several convictions have been overturned though, so you are probably safe. Also, in states like Florida where sodomy laws are, I believe, still on the books, those laws may very well still enforcable since they aren't homosexual specific and therefore don't have the flaws that led to the 2003 ruling that Texas' law was unconstitutional. So those of you in Pensacola who are extremely risk-averse might want to keep your hands et al. to yourselves.

Umm, is it weird that I know so much about this? :eek: I was really interested in the case in 2003 and sometimes I'm a SCOTUS junkie.

MasterBates

Taking a piss on the side of I-90 in the middle of the night is a "sex crime" in Massachusetts.

Buddy got whacked with that.