• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
hey....sharron stone said this...
"Women can fake an orgasm...men can fake an entire relationship."

thought that was a funny line and somewhat on topic...although not too relevant.

seriously though, cause this one broke up with you, dont hold it against the next girl. i did that once...totally kills things. just hang out and play the field for awhile...more fun that way too. "she might not be ms. right...but shes ms. tonight."

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Just remember - it is far easier to get up and leave than it is to kick her out. Choose your locations wisely.

Rustbucket

I can completely understand the ill feelings that you've got man. Found out in the 5th week of class 188 that my wife was leaving me, sold our house, gave away my 2dogs and potbellied pig, and was trying to sell my car! You get over it quick. Take that anger and utilize it during PT or Pugil sticks, but don't let it get you down. She felt the same way yours did and in the end we ended up resolving our issues and are still together. She's the one that will be missing out and will come to her own realizations on what is important in life. Don't beat yourself up on the "what if's". Man I miss my pig...

Trev82

pilot
rustbucket

first thing that came to mind was wow, first of all this was my gf of one year not my wife so your situation is definitely more overwhelming but i appreciate you relating. The fact you two ended up staying together and resuming your journey TOGETHER is definitely inspirational. Did you two get back once you finished TBS? I definitely believe that if its meant to be come time i get stationed back in SD (i pray to god) that she'll still be around and available something could happen. Otherwise from all the advice i've attained on this thread distractions can be destructive and its better for now to find Ms. Tonight then Ms. Right...

MasterBates

Trav, Trav, Trav, you need to ditch the bitch and get the delusions of romance out of your head...

You get back with her if you get Pendleton/Miramar, becasue it was "meant to be" what the hell you think is going to happen when you go to Cherry Point, New River, Oki, etc....

If she's freaking out about OCS now, its not going to get better... She may be able to hide her true feelings to be able to enjoy the "prestige" of being married to a Marine Officer for a while, but they will come back as soon as you go back some place you don't like..

Some women cannot or should not be Camp Followers.. I'm thinking she is one of them.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Otherwise from all the advice i've attained on this thread distractions can be destructive and its better for now to find Ms. Tonight then Ms. Right...
Thats not necessarily what guys are saying. What they ARE saying (see MB above) is that don't go all in on this chick. You are being given an opportunity that lots of guys wish they would have had - you are seeing your gf lose it before its too late! Why settle? Is she exactly what you REALLY want? Do you REALLY want this girl giving you crap about studying in flight school because 'she doesn't get enough time with you'. No, you dont REALLY want all that. You dont know when Ms. Right (the real one) will come along. But I can tell you this, if you push the issue with this girl, it will not turn out good. It may work, but it will not be what you REALLY want deep down inside (Im getting gushy here...) Ill end with this - never settle, and don't worry about things like girls. There are a few out there who are low maint. and make life great ... (still dont know how I got one, but anyway...) Until then, have a good time, study hard and go out drinking with your buddies. Find a Ms. Tonight ... just know that she cannot also be Ms. Right.
Cheers

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
As you grow older in Naval Aviation, you learn that there is another theory of relativity that is more reality than theory, and it is this: to a person under the age of 25-30, a month, two months, and absolutely six months is an eternity. Nothing less. After you hit your 30's, you realize that a month, two months, even six months is a drop in the bucket. It's all relative.

Unfortunately, separation inducing events that appear to be eternities yield these kind of breakups that, in retrospect, seem absolutely silly in their sheer despair at the time. sadly, breakups are breakups and they generally don't yield reconciliations. Learn to Ditch the bitch and move on. The right one who is worth fighting for is out there and, HINT HINT, she probably isn't the one who wins the mullet toss at the Florabama or is the hottest one at Seville Quarter 'for the first and only time in her life.'

PRINCEJUDE

Yeah Man, I know exactly how you feel. If the woman loves you, she will stick around. Forget her...she might regret it once you put those squad away uniforms and flight suit on.

PRINCEJUDE

Dude, my fiance is a medical Doctor. I was there for her throughout her medical school and she went through a lot of hell when I deploy. A good woman sticks around no matter what. Dump that bitch ASAP before I open my eyes..lol

phrogpilot73

Trav, Trav, Trav, you need to ditch the bitch and get the delusions of romance out of your head...

You get back with her if you get Pendleton/Miramar, becasue it was "meant to be" what the hell you think is going to happen when you go to Cherry Point, New River, Oki, etc....

If she's freaking out about OCS now, its not going to get better... She may be able to hide her true feelings to be able to enjoy the "prestige" of being married to a Marine Officer for a while, but they will come back as soon as you go back some place you don't like..

Some women cannot or should not be Camp Followers.. I'm thinking she is one of them.
Sage like advice... Dump the broad and move on!

MasterBates

Ok. I'll break this down barney style..

You ditch the bitch, life goes on. You may or may not find Ms. Right (not 100% convinced of their existance, they are like Nessie and Bigfoot) You pay nothing.

You make up with aforementioned bitch. She ends up stunting/destroying your career (jury still out on that one, I'll let you know how mine goes in 4-5 years), and you have to pay her 1/2 of your take home pay for the length of the marriage, and a chunk of your retirement.. In simple terms, I had MORE disposable income as a E-3 under 2 on BDCP than I do as a O-3 over 6.

The choice is yours. And I belive it is clear to me.. DITCH THE BITCH!

Trev82

pilot
Ok bear with me here, as a few beers have definitely found their way to the liver, but i'm very lucid. The support received on this particular thread has been well received and more than i imagined, every post has had advice that i've sponged and will bring foward to the table next time she decides she misses me and wants to hang out... As for my blueprint for the remaining few months, well summer will officially arrive in 2 weeks and the zonies will be in full force (thats arizonians) so if you can deduce from that my intentions, then you know my healing process should be quite soothing... once again the support from AW is heralding. Time for a McP's...

Trevor

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
You make up with aforementioned bitch. She ends up stunting/destroying your career (jury still out on that one, I'll let you know how mine goes in 4-5 years), and you have to pay her 1/2 of your take home pay for the length of the marriage, and a chunk of your retirement........

I'm currently separated and, despite my wife having had a number of affairs the past couple years, she is entitled to half our "marital property," which means she is entitled to half the company I started and built into a successful software company, even though she has spent the majority of her daily time the past two years playing Internet role-playing games and meeting guys online (55+ hours per week, by good tracking software I have, was her average for a representative period last spring) while our kids are at school and several nights a week in the 10 pm to 2 am time slot. Her current boyfriend is a gamer she met online who has been through 5 jobs in 4 years. Still, upon the divorce, I have to hand her half, currently worth several million dollars, that she and her current dude can enjoy.

Listen to Masterbates. Life may suck now, but it can get much worse.