• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Currently at OCS. Charlie Comapny 4th Platoon. They don't allow the rubber stamps for this class. If you have anything marked with a rubber stamp expect to get an essay or a chit. If you stay up for an hour you can put about 50 white stencil tapes under the lid of your foot locker. As far as under armour goes...... Some of the instructors alow it, some don't. They will allow it for the endurance course though. Definately recommend it. Not so much for the humps though. We are currently going through one of the colder winters for OCS and once you start moving on the humps you get to hot with it on. Good luck.

That sucks, I went through Charlie this summer and I lived by my rubber stamp, My last name is 10 letters long. But, I went out and bought one before even going. I spent good money on a high quality 1/2" stamp. They would have never even known that it was a rubber stamp. However they did not care this summer. I can recommend if anybody wants the info.

Hope the weather gets better for ya. Lots of snow and cold HUH.

Good luck @ OCS

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
a lot of guys bought those during libo towards the end...

oohrah charlie co..

/done repping

SMILE4BULLETS

ok, well if you really want to know what absolutely, positively will never ever wash off i'll tell you. black spray paint. i dont know how this kid in my platoon got it through pick-up, matter of fact i dont even want to know, but that sh*t was money. after the first couple of nights, when things settled down, he busted out the spraypaint and as many of us as was possible painted the big G and our plt # on our shirts. i never once had to remark anything, and it looked damn good the whole time. if you do this, just be sure to put something in between the layers of the shirt so it doesnt soak through to the front.

also, whilst we're on the subject of spray paint--before i left for OCS i went to wally world and bought their standard 1/2" stencil cut-outs, some black fox river mil. bootsocks (Sportsman's Warehouse), and a can of white spraypaint. painted my last name on the socks and didnt lose a one at OCS. matter of fact, i have worn those socks just about every day (no really) since then (JUN-AUG '05) and theyre still holding up strong. although, I did get ripped bigtime during the PLT SGT's inspection for the socks, but hey...nobody passes that inspection. hope this helps, damn this turned out long

MasterHaynes86

our candidate staff decided to mass spray paint our pt shirts when i was there. The staff never asked us any questions because we were getting the job done as instructed, granted we used our own means :)

However, something in the water that summer washed that stuff out. Maybe it was because we had to ration only a few cans of paint to 50+ candidate shirts each doing 2-3 shirts for the week.

I WILL be lookin to do this again this summer if there is no opposition by the staff

thanks for the reminder, i almost forgot about it

SMILE4BULLETS

yeah, it let's everyone know that you and the sungod are pals...and the fact that you like long cylindrical things being shoved up your ass.

MasterHaynes86

my motivation for never being dehydrated while down there

Ditto... I monitored the color of my piss like a mad man. Any yellowish signs and i was pounding another canteen JUST IN CASE. I dont think I ever went above clear/hay colored...

Too many people received a silver bullet for 1st incr 2005... way too many...

a yellow circle on a pt shirt is a REALLY EASY way to streamline yourself for peer evals...

JGree2

Tips and Hints for a new Candidate

Hey guys, new to the forum and awaiting my PLC JR shipout in May of 2007. I was just wondering if you seasoned vets have any hints tips, and words of wisdom for me before I go? I think i'm ready for this but I want to be sure.:)

Welcome to the forum. There are numerous threads on advice and tips for OCS. Doing a search should turn up more than enough results. Also, check out http://www.marineocs.com Anything and everything you could ever want/need to know about OCS is covered there.

If you still have some questions after you do some searching, feel free to ask.

SF

Lawman

None
First tip, Use the Search function. Theres about umpteen hundred threads on advice to the new shipper.

narfmasta

How much did you earn during OCS?

I was just wondering how much exactly you brought home after the summer was complete? (after libo and whatever else you bought at the PX)