• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monofixation issue...

georgez

Hey, I have always wanted to pilot helicopters, I have a condition known as monofixation vision and I have looked everywhere and can't really find out if I am disqualified for it in any branch. I would prefer being a Navy or Marine pilot but I have no idea if I would need a waiver or not.

Thanks for reading, if you have an answer please reply.

jbweldon04

Eye Guy
I am not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that it would cause you to be disqualified. The reason being, mono fixation would probably affect your ability to have binocular vision would make you fail the stereo vision test. You also would have a phoria that would be too far out of standards for pilot. If you are in the military, go to your optometry department, and see if you can take the depth perception test. I'll speak with my aerospace optometrist and see what he says.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reopened due to some confusion with the other thread. I'm guessing HD didn't see the other one.

GD, I put a post on the other thread recommending that OP post his request over here on Doc's Corner so it could be addressed by a Flight Surgeon. So it is 'the other' thread that should be closed.
BzB