• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mobile Security Detachments

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
IIRC, the instruction doesn't explicitly prohibit it, I've even seen an ASUPPO who was ABO for a boarding team.

The issue is more a manning thing...standard VBSS team is made up by ship's company, and most of the ships out there actually doing VBSS today do not have Intel O's as part of ship's company. I'm sure there are weird ass stories about exceptions to this norm, but they're also probably from years ago, before the Navy really standardized the warfare area.
There's also the admin/program management side of things which, again, you really need to assign to somebody who's ship's company, not a TAD augment.

However, the HUMINT oriented guys do get in the mix with that type of stuff, just more oriented towards the "Intel" part.

Thanks for actually answering my question.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The Marines have a unit that is a part of a CLB called a Security Company. It provides convoy security, vehicle recovery security and VIP security. Heavy on the mounted Convoy and vehicle Recovery security it was made out of many different volunteer/volentold IA billets with many unrelated MOS. My son was an 0653 DMS Marine by trade but he manned a Ma Duce on a Humvee during his IA Security Co. tour. I'm not sure if they perform any kind of sea going security role.....His days were rather exciting at times for a data geek.