• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

mjchilling - banned troll/wannabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjchilling

I just got an aviation contract and am going to ocs this summer I was wondering how hard it is to get in a fighter?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Easy. Just ask as soon as you get to OCS. You'd better do it fast though, because it's first come, first served. The guys that check in late generally end up flying choppers.

But remember, jets are only for the first 42 that ask.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
whatpercent.jpg

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
Now I'm not very lucky and as such I have not been able to secure a spot into OCS or OCC however, the Marine officer recruiter in my area said walk straight up to your senior drill instructor (preferably before the days events even begin :icon_mi_1) and look him in the eyes as seriously and as deeply as you can possibly muster, and say "I have never been interested in anything other than being the best F/A-18 fighter pilot in the US Marine Corps, SIR!". From what I understand, this way you and your senior drill instructor will form a mutual understanding of your strengths and goals, and he will be able to develop your innate fighter pilot skills from the first week of OCC/OCS, and on!
Best of luck, and I wish I was in your shoes... well kinda.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
It's really not that hard. Get your gear on, climb the ladder, then strap in. Boom! you are in a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.