• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Missing 2 premolar teeth ? Is this a disqualifier ?

Boomy

Hi, everyone. I'm interested in entering the OCS and pursuing aviator slot after I graduate from university. But I have an issue in my mind.
I used to be a dental-brace wearer. But not anymore. I had them removed few days ago.
What worry me is, I had my 2 upper premolar teeth removed in the process of putting on my braces two years ago. I don't have any problematic symptoms, though, as I'm able to chew and speak fine without any problems.
But should I still deal with this issue or let it be as it don't cause any problem ?
Thanks. :)

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Hi, everyone. I'm interested in entering the OCS and pursuing aviator slot after I graduate from university. But I have an issue in my mind.
I used to be a dental-brace wearer. But not anymore. I had them removed few days ago.
What worry me is, I had my 2 upper premolar teeth removed in the process of putting on my braces two years ago. I don't have any problematic symptoms, though, as I'm able to chew and speak fine without any problems.
But should I still deal with this issue or let it be as it don't cause any problem ?

What do you mean by deal with this issue? You mean get it fixed? I had a molar removed with my wisdom teeth a few years prior to heading to OCS and it has never been a problem. Only time it was even brought up was when the dentist examined me at OCS and said "oh that's interesting." I don't think you will have any issues.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I was one of those people that never got the two adult teeth next to your front teeth, so I had braces to make some room, had them yanked, and had implants done. This was all finished about four years before I started talking to the navy. Never had a problem with it in MEPS or my flight physical.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I had the same issue as LFCFan. I still haven't gotten the implants yet though. I have some type of permenant bridge and during my MEPS they said not a word about it.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Nobody will care.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"Boomy,"

Why do you keep logging in with two different accounts. One says you're in the U.S., one says you're in Indonesia. Both of your IPs say Indonesia. Please don't play the system here. I'm waiting for you to start spamming the site and then you lose both accounts.