• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar to Close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Originally posted by Enishi1983
well, maybe miramar will disappear due to the damn hippies with their flower power, but my memories of TOP GUN will live on forever...

Of cours Top Gun has been in Fallon for several years now.
spin_125.gif

petescheu

Meridian? That's half the Navy's jet training pipeline. What are they gonna do, move everyone down to Kingsville?

Skid27

The problem at Miramar is what happens when JSF and V-22 hit the scene. Noise and EPA issues may be a big issue for STOVL ops. March, Edwards, and 29 Palms have been looked at for 3MAW. Lots of issues with all plans. Who knows. Initial listing on BRAC doesn't mean anything. Miramar, Whiting, Meridian were on the list in 91 and 95...

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
More then likely Miramar will close but I doubt it will be in the next decade. Jets and Hercs will probably move to the "Stumps" and helos will be moved to Pendleton where they can be direct support of the grunts. They can close it but won't be able to really develope it due to eviromental hazards. El Toro and LTA (Tustin) are prime examples of that fact. Of course San Diego needs a real aiport so "who knows?"
The introduction of the CH-53E and constant negative reporting by the Orange County Register was the KABAR in the back of LTA and El Toro. The Osprey will probably be that focal point for negative press. It only takes one accident to scare the locals.
Meridian should have closed in '92 while Beeville remained open. Two close and mutually supporting jet bases would have been the most efficient and economical way to absorb the base closures in the training command. Unfortunately, politicians do not think economically and efficiently and John Stennis was a very powerful politician and staunch Navy advocate so Meridian stayed open. Meridian still has the best runway setup for a training base and is still a strong producer so once again "who knows." The increase commercial traffic across the south east will cause enchroachment on the MOA's and, like Miramar, may have to shut down due to inability to train efficiently. Just speculation, I don't have the answer. The locals cheer us overseas but they want to hide us in the closet at home. Semper Fly, Frumby

1W2gtH

The whole noise thing is crazy, The jets and helos don't fly just to make noise. They fly for our country. I remember being at OCS and loving the noise the 2 F-18s made that went through during the first week.

hoorah2death

I agree with the noise thing being crazy, the protection of our country is way more important than those snobby assholes!!!

1W2gtH

I think it would be so hilarious to see those snoby jerks cryin when they get bombed by some other country because we cant fly over them. They probably still cry about the bomb noise.

Enrique

WTF.....
censored_125.gif
NO way not every local who lives near Miramar is a damm Hippie..Shi..tt I can see the damm planes all the time and hear the wrggggggggggggggg og the engines to me is fuki..g..cool and sexy it gives me so much motivation.

I go near a building and park and watch the
F-18, C-130, and CH53, just to see them little closer
bigeyes_125.gif
so close I can see the pilots helmet..(i always wave and say bye like a little kid but I have never seen a pilot waving me back=(. So if you are pilot at Miramar pls..wave me back I'm the guy with a little chevy nova.lolol

And also 1/2 of the town is military..So I don't think people in SD are hippies. Unless you are a dirty military person who smokes weed!!!.. And some part of the rich people in la jolla are ex military..and also the ones in coronado.. Regular People and the market (hotesl gas stations, zoo, golf courses etc..) really want the bases here is good money for them.

But some few punks don't.. is all politics..And some part of the problem is that SD is getting to big to fast..is really crazy.. SD is going to be the next LA.

The city council wants the bases here because it's a big financial boost for the ciy so. Now is time for the mayor and the running mayors to discuss and see the options.. And yes we need a real air port..
bouncy_125.gif

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I’m sure enrique brings up valid points. I doubt anybody calls the base to praise the military, but when people complain, they tend to be very vocal and consistent.

Crowbar

None
I still say they're hippies. SD is a great town, but full of hippies and assholes (don't believe me? try driving up I-15 in the afternoon/evening).

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Wait, Enrique, since when did burning become so awful? I wasn't aware there was a direct relationship between bud and noise complaints. Thanks for the heads-up.

Enrique

Duded ho ho no thats a hippie term I wont used that word in here.

Shi...t yea traffic is bad..but if you want to have fun...just smile to fine and sexy california girls...thats all you have to do.. and the rest can go fu..c them sel..... But yes the I-15 is a problem..because of the base..but if you like air planes you can also look at the f-18 ch53,c130 etc.. doing touch and goes..is fun and sexy..
batman_125.gif
jump_125.gif
wow is late for my class later dude lolol
bouncy_125.gif

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Could someone tell me what Enrique just said in his posts? I'm not from CA. I don't speak "dude." I think the wildfires blew some bud smoke downwind.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Originally posted by phrogdriver
Could someone tell me what Enrique just said in his posts? I'm not from CA. I don't speak "dude." I think the wildfires blew some bud smoke downwind.

Sir, my translation may be a little rough, but I’ll take a stab at it.

Duded ho ho no thats a hippie term I wont used that word in here (I think what he was saying is that LSD melts in you mind, not in your hand)

Shi...t yea traffic is bad (The traffic backs up behind me when my El Camino breaks down)

but if you want to have fun just smile to fine and sexy california girls (I’m the guy at cheerleading practice with a backpack on my lap)

and the rest can go fu..c them sel..... (I’m sure he does that after practice is out)

But yes the I-15 is a problem..because of the base..but if you like air planes you can also look at the f-18 ch53,c130 etc.. doing touch and goes..is fun and sexy.. (He’s just saying that whatever airframe you fly you’ll grow to love it)

wow is late for my class later dude lolol (Accidentally smoked the whole bag, lost track of time)

Status
Not open for further replies.