• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Airshow

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Don
I should be there on Fri, trolling for free beer and zapping helos/P-3's. This also notably marks my 14th month in the RAG syllabus lol....at least this year (my second one of these), when people ask me what the boat is like at night, I can answer honestly and tell them that is makes me want to vomit :)

Yeah, it must be tough not doing any work down in San Diego :mad:. The RAG took me 13 months, and it was in Lemoore.

And why do you have 2 screen names?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I swung by at 10:00 and 13:00. No joy, but I did get a kick out of the giant padlock on the crew door....

Yeah, as soon as I got here I was informed that my plans had been changed for me to involve less standing around P-3's and more flying them.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Britt Dietz, owner of the Warbird Photos Aviation Photography, will have live updates on his website till the 2nd October on the Miramar Airshow. http://warbird-photos.com/live.php?ID=2011MCASMiramar

Huh, looks like some more cool stuff showed up overnight. I saw a C-5 coming in for a mighty right hand break last night when I was leaving....didnt realize so many other a/c were going to show (ie Prowler, Hoover, Goshawk, CG Herk)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Last airshow I was at with the T-45C, had pretty much stupid questions as well. My favorite was, is this a WWII jet?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My favorite are the folks who, at every show or public gathering I've been at, pop out of the woodwork and ask "this thing isn't still in service is it?" pointing at the Hornet. Nope....we just have a hundred of them here at the field for safe keeping, and the Blue Angels that are above us just fly them for the lols only. Also, looking young like I do, I get a lot of "this is a trainer right?" and "so you're a new guy....when do you get to start flying for real?" :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, that was fun. 5 days, 7.5 hours, lots of sun, booze, and not much sleep - how it should be. I think I prefer manning the static vice actually flying in the show though. A bit more supportive of the lifestyle.

From what I saw of it, the show was pretty good this year. MAGTF Demo Harriers were, of course, the highlight. I expected a bit more on the "centennial" angle with legacy birds and what have you.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Well, that was fun. 5 days, 7.5 hours, lots of sun, booze, and not much sleep - how it should be. I think I prefer manning the static vice actually flying in the show though. A bit more supportive of the lifestyle.

From what I saw of it, the show was pretty good this year. MAGTF Demo Harriers were, of course, the highlight. I expected a bit more on the "centennial" angle with legacy birds and what have you.

Please tell me you weren't the guy who oversped his gear practicing for the level 3 demo.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please tell me you weren't the guy who oversped his gear practicing for the level 3 demo.

Negative. And that was more of the nose gear coming out under G than a true overspeed. Wingman's jet did in during the Saturday demo on a 7.5G pullout. Went back up fine. We pressed.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Flew in and out of NKX today as all the (allegedly) hungover participants left. Anybody here flying the CONA P-3 today? I took off in front of you in my mighty C-12.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Flew in and out of NKX today as all the (allegedly) hungover participants left. Anybody here flying the CONA P-3 today? I took off in front of you in my mighty C-12.

The dark blue one with the 6 on the tail and the 770 on the nose? I may know that guy. . .;)