• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Airshow

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That is correct. The navy will soon be done with the mighty Huron.

On a side note, if there are any navy C-12 pilots here, can anybody tell me why the navy C-12s would refuse to fly to the EAF in 29 Palms? Is it the matting? Just curious.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
It'll be a fly-by at 200 kts and 30 degrees angle of bank. While eating a sandwich.

That's about as cool as the C-12 gets.

And yes, this is all a big joke.
I was going to offer to do a photo shoot and video tape you doing the fly-by while eating your lunch, guess I'll just have to work that weekend instead. :(

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I may be bringing a heritage bird. It was gonna be me for sure, then it wasn't, and now I may be 2P-ing it up. The only thing "certain" is that I'll be in town from Thursday on, and I'm using a P-3 to get there. :rolleyes:

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Stupid questions at an airshow:

While standing next to a 6 month old HH-60M with < 50 hrs on it, new car smell, multifunction displays, etc..:

"Do they still fly these things?"
"Is that full scale?"
"Did this fly in or was it brought in?"
"My Dad flew in one of these in Vietnam."

phrogpilot73

"Do they still fly these things?"
We get that quite a bit, but it makes much more sense for us.

Did a static display at Lejeune for a bunch of Vietnam vets, and one guy comes up and starts telling us about his experiences riding in Phrogs in Vietnam. Closes with "So, do you guys just fly airshow to airshow, kinda like a flying museum?" Then there was the priceless look of shock on his face when I responded "No sir, there's six full squadrons right next door at MCAS New River, ready and waiting for whatever the nation needs."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"My Dad flew in one of these in Vietnam."
Quote from a strange old coot when I brought a T-45 to Fort Smith . . . "I remember seein' these when I was in Grenada." Umm . . . no.:rolleyes:

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Time for a resurrection...who is going to be there this year? I'm putting together my squadron's static display, might fly it in myself on Thursday!
Yep. Taking a jet and flying in the MAGTF demo. At least that's the plan.

I'll be there as a spectator with the kids on Friday. Sure they'll miss some school but I think the Centennial of Naval Aviation has its own educational relevance.

If you see an old guy wearing a gray t-shirt with NAC wings on it and a couple of eight-year-olds in tow, please say "Hi!"

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Stop by the big blue P-3 - I'll be manning the display for a bit (probably on Friday).

MIDNJAC2

pilot
I should be there on Fri, trolling for free beer and zapping helos/P-3's. This also notably marks my 14th month in the RAG syllabus lol....at least this year (my second one of these), when people ask me what the boat is like at night, I can answer honestly and tell them that is makes me want to vomit :)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Miramar sounds cool, missed out on that. I guess the navex to Virginia Tech this weekend will have to suffice.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Miramar sounds cool, missed out on that. I guess the navex to Virginia Tech this weekend will have to suffice.

Sounds like a good time......having just been on the road again recently, I must say I had forgotten how awesome it is.......it was quite possibly the most absurdly rockstar ccx I could ever dream of, short of maybe the Paris Airshow or Tattoo or something