• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Support for people who Medically DQ?

ClassyGent23

First off, I want to apologize if this is the wrong place for this question.

Secondly, I searched a bit for topics like this but couldn't find much.

Here is my question: My brother cannot get into the military because he has Crohn's Disease. However, he has wanted to serve in the military for a few years now and knows that he cannot. He has accepted that. However, I have heard rumblings from various people that I run into that there are programs that are kind of like military support that he could get into and travel the world with.

I don't know if such programs exist...just trying to find a bit more information. When I question the people that bring it up they seem to know nothing about such programs.

So...does anyone know if there are such programs? I wanted to surprise him with some information for his birthday.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are all kinds of federal employment opportunities and contractor based jobs that work alongside the military at home and abroad. That's probably the best place to start.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Go sail for Military Sealift Command, entry level jobs aren't too hard I think. Crohns might be a show stopper for a Merchant Marine Credential and being forward deployed with limited medical resources, but it's a good way to serve and see the world with good career opportunities.