• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Aviation vs. Civilian Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
OK, I'll bite.

As a civvie pilot, I can say that if I were the HR guy for an airline (and nowadays, most of the airline HR people hiring pilots are pilots), I would definately give MORE weight to pilots with military experience. What it comes down to is quality flight time. Frumby only had 1550 hrs. TT when he was hired on at SWA. A recruiter will probably prefer that 1550 hrs over some 2500 hour pilot with his own Baron because they think Frumby was doing something stressful all 1550 hours, as opposed to Joe Blow, who may have built that time shuttling his buddies from Birmingham to Biloxi every weekend to make their "contribution" to the Indian reservation. Bumming around in your own airplane isn't exactly quality. The only reason I took the civilian path is because of my eyesight (still waiting out for the Navy to approve LASIK, lol...).

As to your other question, radio comms are going to be the same, because you will be talking to civilian ATC much of the time you're stateside anyways.

Woohoo...200 posts!

Edited by - Tripp on 03/12/2002 18:14:01

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
John, ensure he gets his coupon for a free pizza. When you hit 300 we'll throw in an order of free breadsticks.

--Steve Wilkins

el_riddle

60 bubba
AllenAzali,
man, i read your post on military.com and it was a joke. that site is horrible. at some point you have to limit the number of middle skool children's posts. anyway...just thought i'd say how grateful i am for this site and the information and wonderful responses that are given!
luke

Status
Not open for further replies.