• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIG-23 Ejection/Crash this past weekend . . . .

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
If there were jets turning near me I would wear my gloves on the flightdeck, and then take them off in the aircraft. If starts weren't called away then gloves were in my helmet bag. I never had the same dexterity while wearing gloves, even the fingerless ones. Something kind of important when you are flying the ball, or fighting the aircraft.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you wear your O2 mask at all times from engine start to shutdown?
I wore my O2 mask most of the time. I would release one bayonet to hydrate, or eat. Always on for takeoff, landing, low levels, FCF, and tanking....you know the high risk stuff....but I'm sure you already knew the answer. ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wore my O2 mask most of the time. I would release one bayonet to hydrate, or eat. Always on for takeoff, landing, low levels, FCF, and tanking....you know the high risk stuff....but I'm sure you already knew the answer. ;)
So, you’re a hypocrite then, yes? ?

Mos

None
Is this a rule only on the ship? On a land flightline, are you supposed to have your gloves on when walking to the jet?

I tried those Wiley X gloves above, and couldn't get a good fit at all.
On the P-3, donned gloves for takeoff and landing as a NATOPS requirement, but this has been done away with on the new bird. Gloves are generally only worn during emergencies. Haptic gloves are supposed to be coming in the future.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No. But that was the point of your entire comment?
You come around waiving the 3710 in people's faces then admit to not following the very same set of rules. That's hypocrisy, yes. It's also obnoxious.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You come around waiving the 3710 in people's faces then admit to not following the very same set of rules. That's hypocrisy, yes. It's also obnoxious.
So in your purview, quoting US Navy policies is "waiving the 3710"? Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
So in your purview, quoting US Navy policies is "waiving the 3710"? Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback. :rolleyes:
How often is 3710 violated for things that actually matter?

Crew rest:
Crew rest includes free time for meals, transportation, rest and shall include an opportunity for eight hours of uninterrupted sleep for every 24-hour period.

Ever been on a boat? I can count on zero fingers the numbers of times I have seen reactor drills not be done at 0300am and announced over the 1mc.

Also, I'm not sure 3710 prescribes the wearing of gloves on a preflight. Or even CN NATOPS for that matter.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
How often is 3710 violated for things that actually matter?

Crew rest:
Crew rest includes free time for meals, transportation, rest and shall include an opportunity for eight hours of uninterrupted sleep for every 24-hour period.

Ever been on a boat? I can count on zero fingers the numbers of times I have seen reactor drills not be done at 0300am and announced over the 1mc.

Also, I'm not sure 3710 prescribes the wearing of gloves on a preflight. Or even CN NATOPS for that matter.

Did you ever live in a stateroom with an unplugged 1MC? I am no SWO, but I'm sure that violates some Boaty McBoatface instruction...

;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you ever live in a stateroom with an unplugged 1MC? I am no SWO, but I'm sure that violates some Boaty McBoatface instruction...

;)
Not to mention a stateroom where the racks are upgraded with bunches of cardboard and duct tape for darkness so you can sleep, jury-rigged TV racks, carpet and carpet padding, a mattress topper per mattress (or two), etc.