• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIA A4sForever?

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Lets see if we can draw him out.....

"The 747 is an ugly jet."

View attachment 10223

Is this thing on?

0dreamlifter02.jpg

All she needs is a nice paint job!

http://core77.com/blog/object_culture/more_boeing_mega-madness_the_dreamlifter_15354.asp

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
And you had drinks with BzB? Why… why… you two-faced bag of used helicopter parts! So there. :p
Well, since most of the A4s have been turned into scrap metal, there's a chance my helicopter is made out of an old A-4 :)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Any chance that A-4's is trolling this site as "Davis the Air Force Wanna-be" and just sitting back and laughing at all of us flame-spray "Davis"????

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
604 Painting.jpg
Well, since most of the A4s have been turned into scrap metal, there's a chance my helicopter is made out of an old A-4 :)

If it is, it increased it's top speed by 300 kts & it's beauty by a factor of 10!
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I know what everyone is trying to do here and it is all wrong. Just let A4s come back if and when he is ready, what your doing will only drive him further away.

Just my 2 pennies worth, now I shall go back to my corner.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I know what everyone is trying to do here and it is all wrong. Just let A4s come back if and when he is ready, what your doing will only drive him further away.

Just my 2 pennies worth, now I shall go back to my corner.

You need to get your humorometer sent to MALS for recalibration.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Say what you want about A4s, believe what you want about A4s, but I don't think you will find anyone on this site that loved the Navy and the good ol' USofA more than the man we came to know as A4sForever. I believe he would give the shirt off his back to help a fellow Naval Aviator (or Flight Officer) in trouble.
As we grow older, we start to notice that things change, and as we all know, change is hard. Sometimes change is good, sometimes it's not so good. But it is almost always hard. There comes a time, as we age and become crotchety, when we start to realize we might not be as relevant as we used to be. (Trust me. I'm an old fart. I know.) I'm not saying I know this to be a fact, but have you wondered why we don't hear much from old guys like ACowboyinTexas, Old R.O., Renegade One, or Heyjoe anymore. It's hard to be relevant when things change so much faster now. Plus, it's a long-known fact that most junior people, at some point or another, start to ignore their elders and think of them as being out of touch with reality; the younger generation can do it better than their elders. I know I'm getting to the point of, "Why bother?" There were times that I, also, thought A4s was a little harsh. But I'd still be his wingman, any day.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Say what you want about A4s, believe what you want about A4s, but I don't think you will find anyone on this site that loved the Navy and the good ol' USofA more than the man we came to know as A4sForever. I believe he would give the shirt off his back to help a fellow Naval Aviator (or Flight Officer) in trouble.
As we grow older, we start to notice that things change, and as we all know, change is hard. Sometimes change is good, sometimes it's not so good. But it is almost always hard. There comes a time, as we age and become crotchety, when we start to realize we might not be as relevant as we used to be. (Trust me. I'm an old fart. I know.) I'm not saying I know this to be a fact, but have you wondered why we don't hear much from old guys like ACowboyinTexas, Old R.O., Renegade One, or Heyjoe anymore. It's hard to be relevant when things change so much faster now. Plus, it's a long-known fact that most junior people, at some point or another, start to ignore their elders and think of them as being out of touch with reality; the younger generation can do it better than their elders. I know I'm getting to the point of, "Why bother?" There were times that I, also, thought A4s was a little harsh. But I'd still be his wingman, any day.

Good points, all.

I don't want to have a Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" moment, but you're right, there has been some friction between the older and younger members of the site lately, and some of the regulars have dropped off a bit.

I blame the queers.

No. Just kidding. Though there probably are some here who read that and thought,"Hey, he's onto something..."

It's BS on both ends. There are some younger types who are a bit brash, at least online. At the same time, some of the older guys, not just A4s, come off with a "STFU, you don't know your ass from your elbow, nugget!" attitude when it wasn't justified, and even when it wasn't actually a nugget. The 5am Denny's crowd deserves some deference, but that doesn't mean I'm not honking my horn sitting behind one at a green light for 5 minutes. They should be pleased they don't get the middle finger I'd have given the 20-year-old in the same situation.

Personally, I try to be respectful of everyone until they prove they show themselves not worthy of respect. To be sure, someone with more experience comes in rating more respect that someone with less. It doesn't make the elder immune to criticism just because his SSN only has 3 digits, though.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I never really got into it with A4s on much.

I think where we disagreed the most was the discussions regarding tattoos, and I have to admit he had some valid points in those discussions. And I disagreed with him when he said we all 'want to go to the airlines eventually' because I have no desire to do that. But overall he is an abrasive but smart guy who added a great deal to this message board.

In the 4 years I have been a member it's been interesting and rewarding to not only get great advice from those senior to me, but also to get to know them in a way. And not just senior members... Hell I remember when I wanted to punch JoBoy in the face, and I had never met him, now he is one of my close friends. On the boards and in the real world. Late night drunken chat room sessions with FC2, MB, even Flash, are all fond memories, along with the ousting of skeeterman, and the bannanation of Brett1. A4s falls in there as well. It was a struggle sometimes trying to figure out what the fuck he was talking about, and the bold italics didn't make it any easier, but over all I think he adds a great deal to this message board.

That being said I have to sympathize with Brett at least some, because I do feel he came of maybe a little more abrasive than he needed to be. And considering that I dont get to see what happens on the moderator forums Im sure Im only seeing a small part of the conversation. However I still feel like he was a strong addition to the community, and I hope he decides to come back... maybe a little less grumpy, but then again he lives in Seattle, and owns guns... thats a hard life to live.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Anyone ever stop and wonder why no one has any problems with BlkPony, BusyBee, Flaps, or any of our other "more experienced" members? Why was it always one dude that seemed to have drama and conflict surrounding him? Why the bravado and chest pounding around here? Who was he trying to prove something to?

Sure, it would be cool if he came back around to lay some history on us (sans the ivory tower POV), but let's not turn this into a eulogy for a guy who couldn't get along with others.... on the internet.

East

东部
Contributor
Maybe something happened to him on the medical side?
Stranger things happen....to the elderly among us.

In that case I wish him well, just like I would wish to anyone reading this.

I will honor following phrase however as long as I live:

The more things change, the more they remain the same....

gflyer

Geriatric entertainer extraordinaire
He is still around.... just logged out or under cover, as well as a few others.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone ever stop and wonder why no one has any problems with BlkPony, BusyBee, Flaps, or any of our other "more experienced" members? Why was it always one dude that seemed to have drama and conflict surrounding him? Why the bravado and chest pounding around here? Who was he trying to prove something to?

Sure, it would be cool if he came back around to lay some history on us (sans the ivory tower POV), but let's not turn this into a eulogy for a guy who couldn't get along with others.... on the internet.

The fact that we are still talking about A4's is silly but maybe it's fun. I'm not so kind as others....A4's was an ass with a tremendous over inflated ego and brought his ills on himself. We have others here who have been there done that, like RLSO mentions, Catmando, BlkPony, BB, etc, who are fantastic. Those who have nothing to prove don't have these ego issues. Every notice how the really tough guys in life don't act tough??