• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meps

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
In all fairness though it is easier to enlist and I have paid my dues and spent a good deal of time and effort getting my commission. Again its all what you do once your there. Who knows, I could be an Ensign for the next 4 years (yikes), but I plan on working hard and earning what has been granted.

If you are an Ensign for 4 years, you suck.

(barring special programs such as medical etc)

The Stoic

Ha yeah that would be bad, just wanted to point out that advancement has to be earned. It was contextual.

So I just watched an officer and a gentleman for the first time last night. In it he gets commissioned as an officer at a Naval flight school. Is this wildy inaccurate or was that really possible in 1982? Plus I thought the movie kinda sucked, any thoughts?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
That was AOCS. Also, nobody DOR's on the 12th week...

tiger84

LT
pilot
That was AOCS. Also, nobody DOR's on the 12th week...

I'm sure it's happened before. I remember hearing a story about a guy who just wanted to see if he could make it through and DORed right before graduation. No idea how true that story is though.

skim

None
Contributor
My statement about DOR is from the movie. Not a great movie but you do see boobies...

The Stoic

Someone more knowledgeable then me explain AOCS. I thought the only way to a commission was ROTC, Academy, or OCS? I could Google this of course but AW responses are far more enlightening.

Ohh and Joshmf, I re-read the post you made and take the points. I will articulate my position better and adjust my perspective as well.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
AOCS = OCS for aviation designators. It was done away with circa 1994 (?) and OCS was made for ALL designators, including aviation. OCS candidates now go to API after commissioning for the pre-flight indoctrination they missed out on in AOCS.

skim

None
Contributor
Hey Bogey,

You gotta stop letting fat chicks take dumps on your carpet. Or, is that blood? Callsign 'redwing'?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey Bogey,

You gotta stop letting fat chicks take dumps on your carpet. Or, is that blood? Callsign 'redwing'?

Yes, that is the mid-coital gastric blow of the majestic Corpus-Christi manatee. If you don't know the story, you missed a GREAT night in chat!:D;)

skim

None
Contributor
Yes, that is the mid-coital gastric blow of a Corpus-Christi manatee. If you don't know the story, you missed a GREAT night in chat!:D;)

WTF!!! mid-coital?? dear god.

You do know that when you slay a manatee they do tend to lose bowel control right??