• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meps Prk Wait?

atflor

pilot
I had PRK over three months ago and was awaiting a response from MEPS to schedule my appointment. They won't see me for another two months because of my surgery. I have read other posts about this (I should only have to wait 3 months, my pre-op myopia was -0.75). Has anyone successfully bypassed this MEPS wait? Or must you comply with their arbitrary time requirement that is inconsistent with NAVY regulation? Any contact info for people/recruiters that assisted you in a similar situation would be much appreciated.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
I had PRK over three months ago and was awaiting a response from MEPS to schedule my appointment. They won't see me for another two months because of my surgery. I have read other posts about this (I should only have to wait 3 months, my pre-op myopia was -0.75). Has anyone successfully bypassed this MEPS wait? Or must you comply with their arbitrary time requirement that is inconsistent with NAVY regulation? Any contact info for people/recruiters that assisted you in a similar situation would be much appreciated.

MEPS is not the Navy. MEPS has their own requirements which you must comply with regardless of Navy regs. Note, that Navy regs also apply to ACTIVE personnel, so if LT Schmuckatelli gets PRK while active, he has to wait 3 months before returning to duty. You aren't in the Navy yet, so you need to do what MEPS says. I'm sure that if you wanted to push the issue up the chain, you could, but by the time you got results, your 2 months would be up and you'd be ready to go to MEPS anyway. My suggestion, unless you are within 2 months of missing an age requirement, just wait. A few extra weeks won't kill you.