• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS- Expired

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
MEPS/Processing-

According to my OR, NTAG/NRC policy has me revisiting MEPS for a second time as my first medical approval has expired (24-month shelf-life).

Background: without diving into much detail, I initially started out pursuing a non-IWC active role KIT, it was completed but never pushed to the board. I have since switched to DCO 1815 as my DoD Navy Cyber contractor job was a important influence. We are targeting a Spring '23 board date.

What could I expect on the second go around?....identical full blown experience as the first I time I attended? Sure would be gravy if it was just a paper-drill but something tells me it is not. Any and all comments from the powers in being are welcome.

Thank you in advance to those whom contribute to this board. It is appreciated.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Yep, same everything. Bring copies of your previous MEPS plus any/all medical paperwork. Don’t expect them to have retained a copy of your old stuff/ whatever you gave them last time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What could I expect on the second go around?....identical full blown experience as the first I time I attended? Sure would be gravy if it was just a paper-drill but something tells me it is not. Any and all comments from the powers in being are welcome.

Being that you have an expired physical you’re going to go through the entire MEPS Officer physical process again.

If you have questions, ask your recruiter.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Thank you all. Just as I expected.

Yes the OR suggested as well to bring all of my previous docs, they are attaching them to the second visit docs. The OR is Rockstar in handling this KIT, but I wasn't certain how this would parse.

Good news is there are no adverse changes to my health or visits to medical.

number9

Contributor
I had to go back to MEPS during my reserve application because my fingerprints expired :rolleyes:

OP, you have my sympathy.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
I had to go back to MEPS during my reserve application because my fingerprints expired :rolleyes:

OP, you have my sympathy.
My first MEPS was in 1994 (gravy walk). Second MEPS was May 2020 (had to go back for finger prints as well). Now I'm expired 24-months and going again. Was hoping for a MEPS service ribbon this time around.

number9

Contributor
My first MEPS was in 1994 (gravy walk). Second MEPS was May 2020 (had to go back for finger prints as well). Now I'm expired 24-months and going again. Was hoping for a MEPS service ribbon this time around.
The weird thing was mine expired after only a few months, though maybe it crossed fiscal years?

I guess the nice thing was that, the 2nd time around, they said that some of my fingers have two fingerprint loops (whorls?) which is extremely uncommon. So I've got that going for me.. which is nice.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
The policy does have some extension language available if the KIT is in process. They were calculating the time expiration from date of attendance. No worries. I enjoy the people watching aspect of MEPS. I was once 17, scared outta my mind, joining the Navy as an enlisted type...that look hasn't changed much among the younger ones today. When I went to MEPS in 2020 the Army 0-4 Medic type doing my draws was actually in Navy boot camp with me back in 94. He and I went to MEPS together in 94 too. We started conversation due to age similarities and that's how we discovered our deeper share of life's path. How small is this world I ask...

Take home share....enjoy the journey, even if it means going to MEPS a third of fourth time.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

The weird thing was mine expired after only a few months, though maybe it crossed fiscal years?

I guess the nice thing was that, the 2nd time around, they said that some of my fingers have two fingerprint loops (whorls?) which is extremely uncommon. So I've got that going for me.. which is nice.
It goes by months, FY is no factor, you can extend if you go back and have the applicant do an "inspect", a few of mine needed to do that.

number9

Contributor
It goes by months, FY is no factor, you can extend if you go back and have the applicant do an "inspect", a few of mine needed to do that.
Good to know. The weird thing is it really wasn't that long between my appointments - less than 6 months at least.