• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS Audiogram

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
EDIT: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137040&highlight=audiogram
This makes me think I'll probably be ok. Especially since I still think I could pass a 25, especially if I tried the ear plug trick.
I still want to know if this will affect me at any time in the application or BDCP process up until OCS.

I went to MEPS recently. Passed everything fine--or so I thought.
I got a rating of 30 on my left ear at 500 hz, and 25 on my right at 500 hz. It's odd because at higher frequencies, my scores increased (mostly 00, 05, 10, or 15). Most of my research indicates that people with hearing problems lose higher frequencies, not lower ones.
Anyway, NAMI/NOMI says SNA/NFO must have 25 max. Will this affect my application or final select if I get pro-rec? Will I need a waiver or need to be retested or what? Is there a waiver? Waiver guide seemed... inconclusive at best.

I still don't buy that I have a problem. Is this an issue that will be dealt with at NAMI down the road?