• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mega Marine Boot Insole/Boots Thread

Carno

Insane
Yeah, those are the ones. I love mine, they are pretty comfortable and I only got one blister at OCS, during SULE II.

Shadow9660

I brought an extra pair of boots to OCS and got reamed for it... there's just not enough room in the wall locker, nor did they let me keep 3 pair out, so I had to store the extra pair (you are issued two).
But if you want to get a pair anyway, I would try going to your nearest Marine Corps Base (if you have someone with ID to get you on). I went the PX in Barstow, CA, and they let me buy Belleville which are exclusively sold to active duty, (not commercially) and are a better boot in my opinion, and ended up paying no tax. Just tell them your going to OCS or show them your orders. Or of course there's always ebay I guess

KBayDog

Shadow9660 said:
...I would try going to your nearest Marine Corps Base (if you have someone with ID to get you on). I went the PX in Barstow, CA...

Your nearest Marine Corps Base is Barstow?

I am so very, very sorry.

Carno

Insane
Shadow9660 said:
I went the PX in Barstow, CA, and they let me buy Belleville which are exclusively sold to active duty
No they are not. You can buy them online from Quantico Boot.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Although when I bought mine, I had to be military or law enforcement.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Authorized

Did those Danners finally get authorized? When I went through, the suedes were brand new, and only Bates and Belleville had 2 types each (ICB and Jungle). The Bates turned black when they got wet (go figure), so Belleville was the in thing. I knew some guys that bought some high-speed suedes and had the EGA stamped on the heel to mimick authorization, though I wouldn't recommend the practice at OCS.
For training, any boot will help you adjust (just wear wind pants instead of shorts, lest you look like a SEAL Master Chief). Get some kick arse waterproof insoles for your new OCS boots, and possibly some leather-stretching spray. Suedes break in for about 4 OCS days (29 normal days).

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The Bates Lights aren't bad for running, I wear the Bates Combat Boot (Called the "Warrior" or something) and it is a pretty good shoe - light, durable, and the sole is actually worth something (unlike the light, which has a worthless [yet light] sole).

This is the boot I am referring to.

wutzu

eBay. Got my belleville jungles for 60 bucks. Whatever boots you want are there if you take the time to look.

livefast

I bought the Belleville's MARPAT 550s. They have steel toes so it's been a pain breaking them in but I have a feeling I'll be thankful I'm doing this before OCS. You can get the federal/military discount when you order through their website if you can prove to them that you're contracted to attend OCS.