• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Med's

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
cgoetz, a lot depends on any ICD codes in your record. If they match certain codes, see the waiver guide, that will often determine your course of action.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
ADHD = helos??? stuck with helos??

I guess my sarcasm meter wasn't as pegged as I thought. (hint: was poking fun at OP's comment that his ADHD/depression wouldn't allow him to fly fixed wing as he wanted...)

Much love to the helo bubbas!
:D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he will be disqualified for jets out of the box. It's helo's or nothing if he gets the waiver.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
An ICD code looks like XXX.XX or something like that. Comapare any of your ICD codes with the above links.

cgoetz

Is it as simple as if they match then its final and
I don't get in or does it just give me a clue on what I need to do. I'm really confused I should probablly get in touch with my recruiter.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Read the numbers. Compare. Once that is done, you will have a good idea of what to do.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I'm in junior year, If I took adhd medication, it would help me and I would get off these meds end of senior year. I would apply for ROTC scholarships tho, and try to attend ROTC. Worst comes to worst, I will use a couple of other scholarships to pay for my first year, I will take the ROTC classes I believe, and reapply for the ROTC scholarship freshman year in college for the 3 year scholarship... Then I will either get it or not, but I want to take ROTC for the rest of college, and commision and go into flight school... whats the longest I could take these meds, or whens a good time to stop taking them ect?

There is a thread on this topic here:
http://www.serviceacademyforums.com/showthread.php?t=363

cgoetz

So, can anyone tell me that if I got the waiver for the ADD and depression does that mean I can just become an officer or is that for flying to?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
So, can anyone tell me that if I got the waiver for the ADD and depression does that mean I can just become an officer or is that for flying to?

It depends on who gave you the waiver. If a flight surgeon, you are good for most officer fields as well as flying.

cgoetz

Well right now I'm in contact with a doctor for the Navy and I've explained to him my case. Now he is not a flight surgeon for the however he was able to foward the info I gave him to several flight surgeons and they told him that I shouldn't have a problem. However he did say that according to them I still had to go through the whole waiver process which I pretty much figured. I'm just awaiting final confirmation from him right now which I hope to have in the next week or so.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Is this a psychiatrist that your school has sent you to? If it is GET A SECOND OPINION before letting him proscribe anything. My wife is a teacher and she's told me about the number of students that she has seen diagnosed with ADHD by the schools. If a student has that diagnosis the school district recieves more money from the State and Federal governments, as well as a break on that student's mandatory test scores. It is in the school's interest to see you diagnosed with ADHD. Until you have seen an outside doctor do not even accept a prescription for medication. I am not saying not to seek help, but make sure that you need the help and are not railroaded into it.