• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mechanic (during enlistment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Heya,

The job my gunny pulled for me in the reserves is a f18 mechanic. Now...how do I get to pick which type of mechanic? I want to be turbine. Anyone know any strings to pull or how to find out what/if I am already designated as one. My basic Delayed entry contract didn't specify which type, only that ill be a quote "F/A18 Hornet, Mechanic".

Embry Riddle student, Daytona campus - delayed entry for Marine Corps enlistment (f18 mechanic in reserves until college ends) - after officership hopefully a flight block

dvl_dog_2531

Well, I guess the best way to get assured you will be be a turbine mech is to join a reserve squadron that only flys turbine planes. Other than that you are at the "needs of the Marine Corps". Even then you could end up a structural or hydralic mechanic.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.