• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Slow down turbo. I don't really care about who his "reverand" hung out with. If you honestly think Obama (or even the Reverend Wright) thinks we should kill whites or jews, then you may wanna do a little research.

Why don't you just look at how he does on the issues as I'm sure there is plenty to disagree with him on. The racist schtick is pretty silly (as he is half white).

Rev Wright, Rezko, "Father" Pflegar and Bill Ayers are pissants. Obama needed and actively courted these people for political expediency when he was a local community organizer/street agitator....and now that he's been on the national stage for the past 2 years he has been giving them all the Heisman pose and putting as much distance between himself and the aforementioned as possible. If you really want to get into Obama's embryonic political formation...look no further than Frantz Fanon, and Frank Marshall Davis, (Bolshevik writers who openly denounced the U.S. in the 1930-50s) and Communist street agitator/ openly Marxist Saul Alinsky from Chicago....All of whom were extremely influential to Obama according to his psycho-biography, Dreams of My Father.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Obama has said he will not increase taxes on anyone making under $250K from what I've heard/seen. This is a bit of a modification from what he was originally saying, back during the primaries; myself, I am against any tax increase, especially now. We should not punish those who are successful, especially for wealth redistribution.

To add, I hate how everyone seems to be trying to make the oil companies the enemy. "They're making record profits..." So we need to tax them more - windfall tax - who do you think ends up paying that tax? It's not the oil companies. They're still going to get their x% profit.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
To add, I hate how everyone seems to be trying to make the oil companies the enemy. "They're making record profits..." So we need to tax them more - windfall tax - who do you think ends up paying that tax? It's not the oil companies. They're still going to get their x% profit.
I think that's a misnomer. The oil companies are not making "windfall profits" in the manner which is being reported. Yes they are making profits but as a percentage (sorry don't have the facts and figure handy at the moment) I believe the pharmaceuticals and some other industries are actually making much more.

phrogpilot73

Exxon Mobile: 10.17%
Royal Dutch Shell: 8.13%
British Petroleum: 7.4%
Pfizer: 18.52%
Merck: 20.53%
Philip Morris: 27.22%
Google: 24.64%

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Exxon Mobile: 10.17%
Royal Dutch Shell: 8.13%
British Petroleum: 7.4%
Pfizer: 18.52%
Merck: 20.53%
Philip Morris: 27.22%
Google: 24.64%

Well, we already know that the evil tobacco, pharm, and oil companies want nothing more than to take your money and kill puppies and kittens ... who knew Google was in the same crowd! ;)

Would it be safe to guess that you used Google to find those stats? Oh the irony ... :D

phrogpilot73

Well, we already know that the evil tobacco, pharm, and oil companies want nothing more than to take your money and kill puppies and kittens ... who knew Google was in the same crowd! ;)
I was just using it to illustrate that when it comes to windfall profits - there are companies out there making a lot more than the oil companies.

Would it be safe to guess that you used Google to find those stats? Oh the irony ... :D
That would have been awesome! However, I used Yahoo finance. :(

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I was just using it to illustrate that when it comes to windfall profits - there are companies out there making a lot more than the oil companies.
I think it's a great representation of the reality of things. I wish it was brought up more often!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I wonder is those same politicians would ever charge a "windfall profits tax" on the Hollywood types who made a hit movie? I wonder what the profit margin was on "Dark Knight?"

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder if those same politicians would ever charge a "windfall profits tax" on the Hollywood types who made a hit movie? I wonder what the profit margin was on "Dark Knight?"
Or authors who write bestselling books. Oh wait . . .

bb1125

None
And McCain knew about it before selecting Palin? I'm certainly no expert with regards to politics, but I can't see anything good coming from this. I'm starting to question his decision now. Oh well, I'm still voting for him, just hope this doesn't significantly hurt the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.