• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
I've been hearing a lot of good things about her long before she had anything to do with McCain's running. I was hoping that he'd pick her.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin:

She hunts, eats moose burgers, ice fishes, rides snowmobiles, and owns a float plane. She holds a lifetime membership with the NRA. She admits that she used Mary Jane when it was legal in Alaska, but says that she "did not like it".
:)

Good enough for my vote -- especially compared to "bad hair-plug Biden". :sleep_125

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Good pick for McCain. In all reality though, the VP choice does not matter that much. The general population is still going to vote for the President, not the VP.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The "ethics scandal" was her firing a state trooper...her brother-in-law...who was beating her sister. Oh my God! The impropriety of it all!

Governor of a corrupt state? Among other things, she cut loose AK's Rep because he was under indictment, and backed the Lt Gov. Who just won the Primary. And she shut down Ted Stevens' "Bridge to Nowhere". Oh my God! She's clearly corrupt by being in the same state!

I was really hoping it'd be Palin, but I didn't think it'd happen. But it's a clearly brilliant move. The day after the Dem Convention, and the networks are wall-to-wall McCain-Palin.

See? This is how you carry BFM into politics. Keep the other guy defensive, bleed down his energy, and don't fight his way.

Awesome.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Her husband works the BP oil fields when he's not fishing. Not exactly a corporate Big Oil poobah.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I was reading the Chicago Libune this morning, and this guy didn't seem thrilled:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/steve_chapman/2008/08/mccains-inexcus.html

He digs her because of her lack of foreign policy experience. That totally misses the boat! What is worse, a VP candidate w/ no foreign policy background....or the PRESIDENTIAL candidate???

This will be interesting, at the very least I hope she can bring some life to McCain.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hell, I think if the GOP plays it right, Palin's experience will be a positive. How much executive experience has Obama had? Has he ever made the tough choices that directly affect working folks...like the mayor of a small town? Or the governor of an energy-rich state?

And I look forward to seeing her debate Biden. Though who the hell watches VP debates? But first, all she has to do is hold her own and she'll "win". And second, it's just that you never fight a girl. If you win, you're a bully. If you lose, you're a pussy.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Perfect time for her to be a candidate too. Her major negative is the lack of experience, but Obama supporters are going to look awfully stupid trying to pull that line considering that their own candidate is a newbie himself.

I'm excited :)

gotta_fly

pilot
Not to sound too uneducated, but when I clicked on Sen. McCain's website this morning to see who he had selected, for a split second I thought I was looking at Tina Fey...

Delta7

She owns a gun and is long-time member of NRA, supports drilling, goes hunting and fishing... and plays ice hockey?

I'd even hazard a guess that nobody will complain if they ever see her wearing a pantsuit!

Way to go McCain!

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only one here who thinks this was a pretty transparent effort to sway voters? Sure, it might grab some of the staunch Hillary voters, but I'd rather pick a leader based on their merits and experience...not their token vagina.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for women in office, but people aren't stupid. They're going to see what he's doing here. I know some of you mentioned it earlier, but you seem pleased about it. I'm confused by that. Seems more like an insult to our intelligence.

I just hate how the VP race has turned into more of a marketing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.