• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mayport, FL Aviation Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I am going to a helo squadron in Mayport from 19JUL04 to 13JUN04, anyone one else going to be around Mayport? :)

absolutVU

Hey Mike, When are you really going to be there?? 19JUL04 to 13JUN04? I think you know a few vandy folks who are there already...

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Okay, that should be 18AUG04, my bad. Who else is there already? What sort of Helo squadron is it going to be, any idea?

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
If you are going to Mayport it is HSL, not HS. The HS guys are over at NAS Jax.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Yeah, it is HSL for sure. What type of helo's does that entail? Punk, does he have the same dates?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ET-Mike said:
Yeah, it is HSL for sure. What type of helo's does that entail? Punk, does he have the same dates?

SH-60B Seahawk

Are they teaching you anything in your unit? :icon_tong

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Fly Navy, how was your 1st class cruise? What kinds of fine Navy training should I be looking forward to?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
them trying to prove that their community is the place to be. Should be a good time and you should get at least one try at the controls of the 60B.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ET-Mike said:
Fly Navy, how was your 1st class cruise? What kinds of fine Navy training should I be looking forward to?

My 1/C cruise was awesome. I spent it with HC-3 out at NAS North Island in San Diego, CA. They were just transitioning to the new MH-60S, so we got to fly a brand new aircraft, it was awesome. I spent most of the cruise on the beach or in town. We had a great 4th of July party with the squadron which involved much intoxication. We were treated as JOs in the squadron, on a casual basis with anyone O-3 and below. It was very wierd at first, coming from a ROTC unit to that. You'll have a good time.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Sweet, that sounds awesome. I leave on the 19, I can't wait. Are there any Hornet squadrons around Mayport? I know it is a long shot but I wanted to get on the list to see if I could get a back seat ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.