• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MATSG-21 Check-In

tegtag

I don't know about you guys but I signed up to do something, ANYTHING (and I don't mean phone mustering).

Its sucks running into an Ensign at a bar who graduated in 07 and is done with API while I've been waiting 5 months for IFS.

This vacation doesn't exist between formations, "PME's," flippin burgers on Saturdays, stash jobs and fighting with NOMI.

stevo01

I don't know about you guys but I signed up to do something, ANYTHING (and I don't mean phone mustering).

Its sucks running into an Ensign at a bar who graduated in 07 and is done with API while I've been waiting 5 months for IFS.

This vacation doesn't exist between formations, "PME's," flippin burgers on Saturdays, stash jobs and fighting with NOMI.

well said..

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Its sucks running into an Ensign at a bar

That quote right there is plenty. :)

But if you never want vacation time, good on you. I'll take yours, thank you very much. The military is going to get theirs from me...and you.
There is a good amount of that mentality all over. I saw some guys I worked with who thought it was silly to even want to go home to see their family. And therefore they thought it was silly for anyone to want to. Boy, every one loooooves those guys! Why be out having fun when you can work!!!!

Me? I'd rather work hard when I have to, but also be able to take a little me time. Balance....balance....balance...

Besides, folks....its API, not slinging rounds down range. Although there are guys who fail out, they are usually the ones who were wound too tight to begin with (like the guys in the above statement).

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
If you don't need IFS because you have your PPL and have finished TBS, will your TBS lineal standing affect your API start date?

Yes it does, directly.

There really aren't any drug deals to start early out of MATSG. You will start according to TBS company and class rank within the company. Barring any sort of NOMI problems of course.

Crowbar

None
Where are people being made to wear badges on Charlies? I've always thought that looked ridiculous. I can only remember doing it once ever, for A school graduation.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
The only time I ever wore them was for graduation at MCRD. They are "optional" but pretty much NEVER worn with service charlies or blues deltas.

phrogpilot73

The only time I ever wore them was for graduation at MCRD. They are "optional" but pretty much NEVER worn with service charlies or blues deltas.
I've worn them on Chucks/Deltas twice. Boot camp graduation, and Recruiter's Assistance. That's it. They look gay (with a capital GAY) otherwise.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I'm going on Recruiter's Assistance this coming Wednesday... yikes! Nah I know that most of the time they don't wear them... and yes, agreed about the "GAY" part. charlies and deltas are meant to look "smooth" ..

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Why minus shooting badges?

From the Marine Corps Uniform Regs Manual:
5501. REGULATIONS FOR WEAR

1. Marksmanship badges will not be worn with the evening dress, blue dress "A," blue-white dress "A," utility, and camouflage maternity work uniforms. Commanders may prescribe marksmanship badges for wear on all other uniforms. Unless otherwise prescribed by the commander, wearing marksmanship badges is at the option of the individual.

SMILE4BULLETS

here's the Marine Corps "new" marksman badges...well worth a bad day at the range.

Attachments

• riflemarksmansmall.JPG
    riflemarksmansmall.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 66
  • pistol_unk.JPG
    pistol_unk.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 61

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
That's pretty funny. I think they should double the size of that thing.