• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MasterBates does Norfolk (So where to park the Puma and some other stuff)

That is F-ing awesome. I wonder how they decided who got the top spot.

11643222_7cb966752e_m.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Once you write the article for The Hook, it'll be over! :D Seriously, you should design a RAST set up vice a Hook setup for the Norfolk O'Club.

What the hell is RAST? Real men do free deck landings.

If I had to choose one of the aforementioned RV parks, I'd go with Little Creek. OK commute to NS Norfolk (much better than from Oceana or Damneck). Little Creek is pretty small and decent facilities.

There are probably plenty of rental options in the area as well.

If you ask Squorch nicely, he might let you live in the empty lot by his house.

If you end up in the area permanently (or others reading this), I've got a seet condo in Ghent that'll go on the market sometime in the spring (SEP PRD).

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Little Creek is a nice base. Small and not so busy like NOB. Plus, you will get to live only 5 minutes or so from me : ) Also, the Chix beach area is a nice place to live. Not so hustle and bustle with good smaller restaurants and close to the water. The Bay Quarter Ct condos go for about $1150 or so. Units are 2-3 bedrooms and seem to always have people come and go here so availability is good.

What the hell is RAST?
(Shivers) OH! You had to say the four letter 'R' word. Having just finished AVCERT (and being responsible for RAST) I hope not to see NAVAIR for awhile...(we passed btw, just many, many headaches, damn RA gearbox...)

Pags

N/A
pilot
skim said:
(Shivers) OH! You had to say the four letter 'R' word. Having just finished AVCERT (and being responsible for RAST) I hope not to see NAVAIR for awhile...(we passed btw, just many, many headaches, damn RA gearbox...)

I've done a few of those from the other side...there's nothing for aggravation like a boat that hasn't taken on helos or pushed gas in a few months.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
That would be us. Our system was actually not that bad for having been unused for almost 2 years. I don't think the headache was as much NAVAIR as it was those in my COC freaking out about everything.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That would be us. Our system was actually not that bad for having been unused for almost 2 years. I don't think the headache was as much NAVAIR as it was those in my COC freaking out about everything.

Welcome to the Blackshoe Navy.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Also, is there a Post Office on base near the VAW/VRC hangars to get mail at? I prefer the ex does not have my actual street address so I need a box to send her money from.

So MB, I keep reading references to this mysterious "Manatee" who is so bent on ruining your life... is there a thread detailing the story of the sea cow from hell?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So MB, I keep reading references to this mysterious "Manatee" who is so bent on ruining your life... is there a thread detailing the story of the sea cow from hell?
Use the search button and all will be revealed.

Flugelman

Contributor

Aww crap! Ya just hadda ask...:eek::icon_rage

MB, this is a link to a listing of military CGs in the area. Good RV resource.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I laughed out loud at your blog MB! Just remember Manatees love fresh water and lots of lettuce (I grew up in FL, I know stupid nature facts ok). I say upgrade to a Bighorn when the mortars stop falling. Best of luck man!

heartland-bighorn.jpg
heartland-bighorn-living-area.jpg