• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marriage during the aviation pipeline

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
Is that a Marine thing? Do all SNA’ s do it now? How long does it last?
Just marines, takes 4 weeks to complete but there’s a pre-NIFE and post-NIFE section. The post-NIFE section is meant as primary prep with simulators, learning T-6 EPs, limits, etc, with the guys that are already primary complete and waiting to go onto intermediates or advanced.

Roger_Waveoff

pilot
Just marines, takes 4 weeks to complete but there’s a pre-NIFE and post-NIFE section. The post-NIFE section is meant as primary prep with simulators, learning T-6 EPs, limits, etc, with the guys that are already primary complete and waiting to go onto intermediates or advanced.
This sounds like a beefed-up version of a somewhat informal program MATSG-22 in Corpus Christi had around the time I got there to go through VT-35. The idea was to learn broad strokes of systems, get boldface and limits down cold, and some checklist familiarization with the static sims. It was maybe 2 weeks of material at the most and not really something that could attrite you, although I'm sure the MOC OIC there could have made it happen if an SNA chose to have a bad attitude about it.

Last edited:

Roger_Waveoff

pilot
The worst squadrons in the fleet are the ones who mandate working hours or do things like require everybody to go to FOD walkdown every day.
Damn, 2 for 2 with my last squadron. I miss the flying and the ready room (for the most part), but explains why I was so much less stressed when I left to do other things.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
The worst squadrons in the fleet are the ones who mandate working hours or do things like require everybody to go to Fod walkdown every day.
In my experience, this is spot on. There were squadrons I was in that had a reasonable man approach to working hours and crew rest. But yet there were others who had hardo's in leadership who insisted that crew rest didn't apply in a reasonable man fashion, like insisting you show up to a 9 AM AOM after landing at 3 in the previous morn.

willwash

None
API just sounds so much better, and significantly less pretentious than “NIFE”.

But yeah, what is it with Schools Command being absolute dickheads about everything? That place is straight up draconian at times.
It’s a pendulum. Every couple of years someone fucks up and they clamp down. When I was at API we all dicked off so hard people got in trouble for shooting endangered birds on private property at 10:30 am on a Tuesday or some shit

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
In my experience, this is spot on. There were squadrons I was in that had a reasonable man approach to working hours and crew rest. But yet there were others who had hardo's in leadership who insisted that crew rest didn't apply in a reasonable man fashion, like insisting you show up to a 9 AM AOM after landing at 3 in the previous morn.
On deployment we had the offgoing ready do FOD walkdown, and ask long as you were getting your shit done and ahead on PQS we didn't care what you did with your time since the sked was all over the place. On homecycle it was a loose 8-3 for the same reasons.