• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maritime Mystery in the Atlantic

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently the Maltese-flagged, Russian-crewed M/V Arctic Sea has done a disappearing act in the North Atlantic. Not a place where pirating happens, at least in the past 200-300 years.

MasterBates

Maybe the Vikings are back?

IMG_4042.jpg

I read the article yesterday and there seemed to be a bunch of weird things going on with this ship. Apparently it had been boarded by masked men (fits the viking theory) and it might be (have been) transporting a secret load, so maybe that is the real reason the Russian sub was out in the Atlantic. Conspiracy theory anyone??

jtmedli

pilot
I read the article yesterday and there seemed to be a bunch of weird things going on with this ship. Apparently it had been boarded by masked men (fits the viking theory) Conspiracy theory anyone??

I'm sticking with vikings until proven otherwise.....

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Well, it has been located now in the Cape Verde Islands off the west coast of Africa. The AP is reporting that the ship may have been attacked twice: (a) once off the Swedish coast, and (b) a second time off the coast of Portugal. That's a lot of activity for a small ship of 15 crewman & a load of timber. I say sink it to remove all doubt.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Some folks have a problem getting into Algeria...others have a problem getting out!

Guys...dammit...forgive me...couldn't resist that...too easy!!